• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. robboracer84

Best K Swap exhaust manifold

I'm sure this topic has been covered already! Anyway im doing a K swap on a Honda CRX, I'm looking at which exhaust manifold produces the most HP? I've heard ASP are good but very pricy but for the money Skunk2 alpha series, mega power, or Ktuned 421 manifolds are also good contenders for the price?
  2. robboracer84

FD2 FD2 Thermostat

Thanks Loxy, just dropped him an email.
  3. robboracer84

FD2 FD2 Thermostat

Hi, I tried Honda today, and they said that because the FD2 is an import it is not on the system....
  4. robboracer84

FD2 FD2 Thermostat

Hi, I'm after an FD2 thermostat and the two pipes that run off of it (one steel, one rubber) does anyone know where I can source these items?
  5. robboracer84

All Round double wishbone suspension Honda cars

I noticed that the Integra type r dc2 is renowned for being the handling FWD car in history, this is mostly down to setup but also because of the double wishbone suspension all round its inherited. I was wondering what other Honda performance cars use double wishbone suspension all round?
  6. robboracer84

best place for K20a conversion CRX

Ok thanks, I've herd of someone called Pete Lawton who does it from home and also Hond-R, have you herd of these people?
  7. robboracer84

best place for K20a conversion CRX

Hi guys, I'm currently doing a K20a conversion on a Honda CRX, typically who is the most respected person/company to do this for me?
  8. robboracer84

RRC 70mm port matching

Ok thanks for reply, hopefully they haven't bodged it
  9. robboracer84

RRC 70mm port matching

Hi guys, I've just bought a new RRC manifold and a Hybrid Racing 70mm throttle body. I've taken both to a machine shop to bore out the manifold, however they have only gone about 30mm in because they were worried about going through the casting. This is fine but it has left a large Step that...
  10. robboracer84

RRC Manifold

Hi guys, I was just wondering where the cheapest place was to find an RRC manifold? I need the bolts and gasket to...
  11. robboracer84

Best Honda Performance company for engine convertions?

Ive seen a company called Hond-R are quite close to me, does anyone have an unbiased opinion of them?
  12. robboracer84

Best Honda Performance company for engine convertions?

Hi guys, I'm currently doing a crx k20a engine conversion and was wandering which companies people have dealt with and is there anyone in particular classed as one of the best. I'm asking because I've herd its quite an in depth conversion and I don't want no back road grease monkey being let...
  13. robboracer84

GEARBOX - JDM EP3, DC5 or FD2?

So is that basically saying that in 4th, 5th and 6th the FD2 has shorter ratios than the EP3 and DC5 giving better acceleration?
  14. robboracer84

K20a from FD2 Type R (222bhp) wanted

I will be using Hondata...
  15. robboracer84

if I bought a FD2 bare engine, could I bypass the FBW throttle body and wiring just by purchasing a cheap UK K20a2 engine and sourcing the bits from that?
  16. robboracer84

GEARBOX - JDM EP3, DC5 or FD2?

Hi guys, I was looking to install a bare K20a engine from a FD2 into my CRX, my question is which gearbox is generally best out of the JDM EP3, DC5 or FD2?
  17. robboracer84

2004 EP3 UKDM Civic Flywheel

I also read that the FN2 flywheel is lighter still?
  18. robboracer84

2004 EP3 UKDM Civic Flywheel

Hi, I was wandering, does the later (2004 onwards) share the same flywheel as all other JDM type Rs? e.g EP3,DC5, and FD2?
  19. robboracer84

So maybe get a dc5 engine with a fd2 gearbox?
  20. robboracer84

So you all think dc5 engine is the way? What about just a uk k20a2 for less money?
  21. robboracer84

I wanted to go FD2 engine as I have been told they have more aggressive cams, different inlet manifold higher compression pistons bigger throttle body and a different ratio gearbox geared for acceleration, I just think it would save me money later on down the line...
  22. robboracer84

Hi people, I' am currently building a Honda CRX and was wandering if anybody knows the best place I can purchase a complete FD2 K20a engine and gearbox? I know they are not cheap but where is generally the cheapest place?
  23. robboracer84

96 spec DC2 ABS fault

Ive got a really annoying abs fault which keeps lighting up on the dash, its intermitent, I could be travellling for 50 miles and it will not appear, but occasions such as turning the car off and filling up with fuel will put the light on. Im hoping the fault is quick and easy to fix as I do...
  24. robboracer84

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 pre face lift vs DC5 face lift

I did manage to find out that the new face lift is 10kg heavier than the pre face lift: 1180kg without air con: face lift 1170kg without air con: pre face lift
  25. robboracer84

Going back to my original question, does any one know if the gear ratios are different between the two?
  26. robboracer84

why do you prefer the pre face lift?
  27. robboracer84

Do both the DC5s have different flywheels then?
  28. robboracer84

Does anyone know what the differences are between the 2 DC5 Integra's and which one is quicker? I read somewhere that the DC5 face lift has slightly better acceleration due to different gear ratios??? Also would a DC5 be any quicker than the EP3 Civic JDM?
  29. robboracer84

Which Type R with the K20 engine is lightest?

Dont worry Ive found it.
  30. robboracer84

Mugen Parts

Ok thanks, I will have a gander
  31. robboracer84

Just out of curiosity because you answered my question so well, any idea the bhp/ton for the JDM DC2?
  32. robboracer84

Ok cheers for that, was very useful, it just confuses the hell out of me because mags such as EVO say the DC5 is 1250kgs and the EP3 is 1204kgs!
  33. robboracer84

Mugen Parts

Not necessarily mugen, but I would like to stick to one brand name really, either mugen or a brand such as spoon sports, im a brand pot head! lol!
  34. robboracer84

Mugen Parts

Does anyone know where the best and cheapest website/place for buying mugen performance parts is?
  35. robboracer84

After reading so many articles which all give completely different dimensions, Im curious to know which car with the K20 engine is the lightest? The thing is there are so many varients e.g. EP3 EDM pre lift/face lift, JDM, Integra DC5 phase 1 and 2, FN2 Civic Type R, Mugen, ect ect. May seem...
  36. robboracer84

DC2 DB8 DC5 Is The JDM DC5 Integra Quicker than DC5 EDM?

I was just wandering if there were any performance differences between the DC5 EDM Integra and the DC5 JDM, also when did the the new DC5 integra come out? and is it any different to the old DC5? I read somewhere about different gear ratios...
  37. robboracer84

JDM EP3 Pre Face Lift v.s JDM EP3 Face Lift

Ok, I thought the figures seemed a bit random! so there is no real performance differences between the 2 JDMs then...
  38. robboracer84

This is the spec I found about the EP3: 0-60 mph in 6.4/6.4 seconds (JDM/EDM pre-FL), 6.2/6.4 secs (JDM/EDM FL) 0-100 mph in 15.1/16 secs (JDM/EDM FL) Top speed 112 mph (180 km/h) and 146 mph (235 km/h) (JDM/EDM both)
  39. robboracer84

Yeah, it was on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_Type_R
  40. robboracer84

One other thing I read somewhere that the facelift JDM was 0.2 secs quicker to 60mph than the pre face lift JDM, does anyone know why if they share exactly the same engine spec?
  41. robboracer84

Ok cool, so from what you guys are saying then all JDM EP3s regardless weather they were face lift or preface lift had exactly the same engine spec including lightened flywheel?
  42. robboracer84

Ive looked everywhere for this post but I do not believe it has been answered yet. I know with the UK versions there are thousands of differences, eg sound proofing, lights, seats, lighter flywheel etc. However I would like to know what differences there are with both the pre JDM EP3...
Back