• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Goose

JDM import number plate size??...

the smaller plate rule is allowed because it's not possible to fit a UK plate in the smaller space on most JDM cars, your car clearly has enough space for a UK plate, ironic seeing as it was made here. my advice is get a normal UK plate then all will be fine :)
  2. Goose

Future Tyre Labelling

the death of "road legal" 888's ect is here
  3. Goose

adjusting headlamp beam on a ukdm dc2

good skills
  4. Goose

adjusting headlamp beam on a ukdm dc2

dare i ask how many forums you've put this on? :p
  5. Goose

EU Daytime Running Lights - New Law

it's optional on many cars and has been for years, some systems are better than others and i like the ones that use wheel speed. the sensors are nothing but a PITA, they tend to get broken when tyres get changed but the biggest problem is they are usually alloy valves which oxidise...
  6. Goose

EU Daytime Running Lights - New Law

tyre pressure monitoring is being phased in next year for all mass produced cars and light commercials ;)
  7. Goose

air conditioning civic ep3 fault

as long as you use new seals and lubricate them with the correct PAG oil then yeh
  8. Goose

What tools are you using

strap on mostly here too, about 13k worth :-(
  9. Goose

How much does your insurance charge you when you add mod's

nothing for me either, it's insured for a set value regardless of what i do with it
  10. Goose

Condenser FAIL!....possibly

i'm going by trade prices, one of our suppliers is always far cheaper than anyone else with a similar price to what you have found. our other suppliers are roughly the ebay price you noticed but these are usually better brands like valeo ect. there are no holes in the system but you do get...
  11. Goose

Condenser FAIL!....possibly

it's very rare i ever put a stop leak into a system and even then it's for good reason. that condensor is about the going price for a cheap pattern part, some work fine and some are an absolute PITA to fit
  12. Goose

Spa-Francorchamps Oct 5-6

anyone going this october?
  13. Goose

Civic Type R SRS light on

there is a known fault on the FN2 i think, might be why it was free if thats what you have
  14. Goose

My Audi A4 Avant

:o burn him, burn him
  15. Goose

My Audi A4 Avant

and then cry a lot when the suspension needs repairs, or the engine out job for a steering rack change :p
  16. Goose

Tensioner pulley chatter/movement

excuse my ignorance but is this an auto tensioner? you get this probelm on a lot of cars that have an alternator with a clutch in the pulley, it goes faulty (normally seizes) and causes this problem, might be way off the mark but it's something to check for
  17. Goose

Integra Type R buyers checklist

nice wright up, most of that should apply to buying any car too. just a couple of things, the later ITR timing belt intervals are 72k/6 years and may be worth looking at the cost of a rear arch repair (if it's a selling point) as cheap repairs may look good when you buy but it will come...
  18. Goose

Helix oil

i've been using Helix Ultra 5w 40 for a long time, suits me fine. however at work we have had 1 or 2 customers mentioning slight oil consumption where we have maybe used millers before, it's nothing worrying anyway
  19. Goose

5zigen miracle fireball

i didn't know that :o i have the same but due to a lot of oil damaging the baffles over time it has got slightly loud, it was fairly reasonable when new examples http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEo6junJhQ8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE3TorBzD94
  20. Goose

Washer Fluid

it's a fairly common problem on any car this, just did an E320 merc on saturday actually. removal of washer bottle, fill with water and some domestos for a few hours will sort it, you'll need to bung the hole for the washer pump with something
  21. Goose

MOT advice - Spoon N1 & HID's

mebbe, i should have QC and SA bragging rights over TJ soon though :lol:
  22. Goose

MOT advice - Spoon N1 & HID's

that quote is out of date by quite a bit i'm afraid, an NT is required to compare it to a similar vehicle with a STANDARD exhaust ;) HID wise it depends on the beam pattern, won't know till it's checked
  23. Goose

Air Con Always On

thats a good price for a new one, really can't see you getting one cheaper. not bad to fit either once you get the bumper off, do replace the seals though on the pipes and assemble with the correct PAG oil otherwise you could find yourself doing the same again
  24. Goose

Engine management light

i nearly asked about that :lol: didn't think anyone used seperate sensors for ECU/instruments these days. glad it's all sorted
  25. Goose

Air Con Always On

nice to see it's a responsible company allowing a greenhouse gas to go into the atmosphere, by rights it should have been recovered while you fitted a new condenser. if you can see it bubbling then i wouldn't expect it to last more than a few days if that
  26. Goose

Engine management light

a poor connection usually throws a high resistance code
  27. Goose

Engine management light

there are 2 types, you get some that increase resistance with higher temps and some that go the other way. a faulty thermostat wouldn't cause a fault code. what was mentione about changing the plug at the same time is a valid point as vauxhall for one did this with a CTS as they could...
  28. Goose

Goodyear f1 gsd3 ?

winner then, our supplier at work stopped stocking them quite a while ago
  29. Goose

Goodyear f1 gsd3 ?

may struggle to get some of those as they were discontinued a while ago, might be some still kicking about though that have been in stock a while
  30. Goose

De-Cat and insurance

some cars can meet emission requirements without a cat fitted, they'd have to assume this is the case of the car has a valid MOT
  31. Goose

Engine Warning Light - Stretched Timing chain?

difficult to say if it's intermittant. have the same problem with a celica which only happens now and again, customer just puts up with it :lol:
  32. Goose

only when the oil level has been too low in my personal experience
  33. Goose

How do i go about K100????

a friend of mine is selling his on an exchange basis, think his username is vtecmonkey it's in the for sale section
  34. Goose

Air Con problems

wouldn't worry about the sound, it's just the refridgerant passing through the evaporator. it tends to be heard when the quantity gets low ;)
  35. Goose

never know the K20 suffered this till now. Nissan have had this problem for a few years now, even seen chains being changed at 15k due to a camshaft sensor fault. the reason is the ECU gets a pulse from the carnk and cam sensors so when the chain stretches a little you get a slight...
  36. Goose

well i've been goaded into it, seems quite a few are heading straight for germany after the trackday so i think i'll do the same. both because they are tight :lol: and incase it's an all day affair at the ring on saturday
  37. Goose

yeh i noticed your post on DC2. i'm still thinking about it at the moment
  38. Goose

yes. was somewhat damp :lol: donated a wheel nut to duffer after i spotted one missing and then my car broke :| anyone on here considering april?
  39. Goose

Split Hose!

billy bargain that, expected way more
  40. Goose

Split Hose!

tight bugger :p whats all this I've anyway
  41. Goose

mot

actually it's clearly stated that a CAT not fitted is NOT a RfR, unfortunaty some testers seem to have made their own rules over the years :lol: as for noise it has to be clearly unreasonably louder than a similar vehicle fitted with a standard silencer, the wording of this was changed a few...
Back