• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Doodle

Suits' Cosmic EP3 - ***Oil Leak 08/09/23

You can submit a report into VOSA complaining about the standard of the MoT. The local Kwik-Fit lost their testing licence for several months for just this sort of c*ntery. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/report-an-mot-tester
  2. Doodle

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

Couriers make my head hurt. Ordered a new Arai last week, which was shipped from Portsmouth to Newbury...via Birmingham. In doing so it drove literally past my door, ending up further away from me than when it started. o_O
  3. Doodle

Then crack on, good sir. It sounds like an excellent plan!
  4. Doodle

The moment you start talking about investment and going up in value, you risk ending up with a car you can't use. The ones that will properly appreciate are the low mileage garage queens, for which sellers will be expecting buyers to pay through the nose. Then you don't drive it for fear of...
  5. Doodle

On top of that it’s finding one that doesn’t have intergalactic mileage or pricetag. I loved my E39 but £25k-30k opens a lot of other doors.
  6. Doodle

Type R #17 - FK8 #4

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave :D
  7. Doodle

I'll go with either battery relocation to the boot, or an install with enough amplification to make ears bleed at 50 paces.
  8. Doodle

Norwegian Forest, or Maine Coon?
  9. Doodle

How much are these worth?!

Most Japanese cars are 5x114.3, the FK is a bit of an anomaly there.
  10. Doodle

Considerably more. ET60 is probably about as extreme as you can get on a production vehicle.
  11. Doodle

That'll be the giveaway, genuine Volks will feel featherweight. They probably won't fit. While the FK8 has the same PCD as the BMW, the offset is far more extreme.
  12. Doodle

They're G25s, but it's not all good news I'm afraid. There's some visually identical knock offs doing the rounds, so you'll need to get them off and inspect them closely to see if they're the real deal or not. While as David mentioned there are plenty of euro cars with them, JDM wheels are still...
  13. Doodle

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

I'm seeing mid 40s out of the Cupra on my monthly run to the office. The recent crop of boosted petrols are ridiculous, given that not so long ago a similarly powered Evo or STi would have been struggling to get into the 30s if I'm not mistaken?
  14. Doodle

FK8 Fk8 current values

Except if there's 12k cash in the boot. Under those exceptional circumstances, it might be. :D
  15. Doodle

Dealer behaviour

Standard main dealer fare, just throw parts at it until the problem goes. "Diagnosing" basically means prodding it with a screwdriver and taking a guess at what's wrong, rather than actually taking it apart to find out.
  16. Doodle

My FD2! RedH88

High offset wheels mean the inside edge is very much unsupported, and low profile tyres mean there's nothing to cushion the impact. It'll take far less of a hit than you think to do that sort of damage, just need to catch an edge right (or wrong).
  17. Doodle

BMW M2 competition

18. Doodle

My Polished metal metallic FK8

I assume he is both deaf and equipped with a spine made of titanium :D
  19. Doodle

My Polished metal metallic FK8

Who brought the barge? :D
  20. Doodle

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

Have you looked at Avon? They do a surprising amount in the classic motorsport market, and I know some of their offerings are E-marked. That said, the AR1s do seem to have a good rep.
  21. Doodle

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Clearly nobody who designs these houses actually intends anyone to use the garage for parking a car. :rolleyes: I'd look at either a roller shutter at the front to allow parking closer to it, or changing the access door to open outwards.
  22. Doodle

Most of the bigger Brembos are mirrored for link and bleed points so it's easy to swap them round. I was intended the same with the 997 calipers I was eyeing up for the SL.
  23. Doodle

Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

Ultimately its just a Bowden cable, if you have the original it shouldn't be difficult to get a local manufacturer to make a replacement inner and outer.
  24. Doodle

Site not secure?

Looks like the SSL cert has expired. Some browsers get more tetchy about that than others, Chrome in particular throws a spectacular wobbler.
  25. Doodle

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

I wouldn't bother with the Brembo's unless you want the bling factor and are willing to put up with the problems they can cause. The clubsport S Golf used the standard calipers with better pads and a slightly different disc (alloy centre bell, fits exactly the same) - if they can survive back to...
  26. Doodle

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

Seat. Wondered if it was something like the Brembo pack, which is really not needed for the road - while comparatively simple the standard brakes are more than capable. Do you mean the Dynamic Grey or the Monsoon? I've daily driven both (had an FD2 when they were new. Currently 2 years into a...
  27. Doodle

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

What spec are you looking for?
  28. Doodle

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

This. It's nearly 13 years to the day since I picked mine up from Litchfields, and I'm under no illusion that the Cupra I have today would walk away pretty much everywhere except the track. I daily drove mine on ASTs, which certainly helped with the ride. Parts supply was variable when it was...
  29. Doodle

BMW M2 competition

Weird. Asked a mate who's a serial M-car buyer (between him and his wife they're nearly as bad as Dotty with Type Rs). Not one of them has received the treatment you mention.
  30. Doodle

BMW M2 competition

I've seen the driving standards of our local BMW dealer staff. No thanks :lol:
  31. Doodle

Fwd traction in 300bhp cars

The Cupra has VAQ front diff, EDC etc etc. It's still pish useless at putting the power down in anything but dry weather. The polybush stops it tramping as badly, but it'll still spin. Too much torque too low down.
  32. Doodle

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

I'm not sure how comparable the DTM car would be to anything you'd find on the road. The engine faced north-south, it had active pushrod suspension and most of the front end replaced with bespoke carbon structure. By the end of the series in 96 they were arguably more advanced than F1 cars.
  33. Doodle

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Worst one I've been in for that was an F-Pace. £50k, and some of the interior bits like the lower door panels look and feel like they're made from recycled wheelie bins.
  34. Doodle

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Can't say I'm surprised, not something I would have seen you in :lol:
  35. Doodle

EP3 Buying/financing your Type R

They are fricking horrific, aren't they? I drove the Cupra off the dealer's forecourt, parked in the retail park around the corner and coded it out.
  36. Doodle

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

My highest was 7 cars and 3 motorbikes for a household of 3.
  37. Doodle

Skoda Superb 3.6 V6 4x4 Estate DSG

You could look at the Superb 280 but they're a bit too new to fall into the same budget.
  38. Doodle

2020 Nissan Y62 Patrol Series 5

Oz-spec 4x4s invariably have bigger tanks as standard. Friend up in S. Yorks has a Toyota Amazon import with factory twin tanks, the usual 95l one plus a 50l aux tank.
  39. Doodle

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

That's the OE variant of the one I have.
  40. Doodle

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

FD2 owners of the forum might know - are the seats in the FN and FD similar shape/size? I fitted a Recaro Sport in my FD as the standard seat was too narrow...funnily enough it's still kicking around the workshop as I never got round to selling it.
  41. Doodle

The idea is that the rapid percussion undoes the bolt but doesn't provide enough sustained torque to spin over the engine. Doesn't always work that way, mind.
  42. Doodle

Stick a rattle gun on it, a couple of ugga duggas should do the job :lol:
  43. Doodle

That may go some way to explaining why all the pictures I saw were of garage queens. :lol:
  44. Doodle

Looking over some pictures last night, I see what you mean - it's a long way out and you can't hide that. Boot mounted rad then - you'll get a decent size core in there for some proper cooling too.
  45. Doodle

It's popular with Yanks because it's an easy bodge that your average redneck can knock together cheap to get bigger numbers for burnouts and going fast in a straight line. :lol: At least on a Mini it won't be *that* far away, so the hot side will still be fairly hot and moving well. I looked at...
  46. Doodle

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

If he has then the dealer has performed a tidy haircut on the mileage :lol:
  47. Doodle

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

4.5m long, 1.87m wide. It's big for its class, but no bigger than say the latest Audi A4. 5x2 is Range Rover territory.
  48. Doodle

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

Was about to say, you're generous. I'd have sent it back on the cheapest set of Linglong ditchfinders possible. :lol:
  49. Doodle

SK-R's Hyundai i30N Performance

So around £25k upwards all told? Ooof.
  50. Doodle

I refer to my statement a few posts above :lol:
  51. Doodle

One has to wonder, is the Hyundai legendary reputation aided by the fact that their average customer has no clue whatsoever about cars?
  52. Doodle

N77’s new R

Stop it. The closest the EA888 comes to being tuneful is a flatulent elephant falling into an orchestra pit. :lol:
  53. Doodle

Rear Camber Kit - DME or Hardrace?

#8 + close parenthesis = 8)
  54. Doodle

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Itch scratched, back to what you know :smt023
  55. Doodle

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

Supra? Although that's sort of German. Lexus F-badge?
  56. Doodle

Well, that was unexpected.
  57. Doodle

It does indeed, certainly increases the appeal. Makes the lease offers look pretty pointless too.
  58. Doodle

Those figures don't give the full pictures without taking deposit and monthly payments into account though. As a straight lease, the i30 worked out ~£100 a month more than the Cupra and PCP was a similar margin. I want one, but not that badly.
  59. Doodle

The cost has always been the stumbling block for me. Unless you're buying outright in cash (in which case they're a steal), they are quite expensive to own in comparison to some of the competitors, so you have to *really* want one.
  60. Doodle

EP3 Finally got the bad news today

That's the point, it makes no sense. You might as well just buy another EP3 as a going concern, and transfer over any trick bits from the old car. The only reason to go through the considerable extra effort and expense of reshelling is sentimentality, which is arguably compromised by the DVLA...
  61. Doodle

Finding a shell won't be a problem, but unless you're doing the swap yourself it gets expensive very quickly. Then you get into the bureaucracy. DVLA won't allow you to retain the identity of your existing vehicle so the history (real or perceived) is lost. They may want to inspect it before...
  62. Doodle

Financially, it will never be worth it. That sort of effort into a run of the mill EP3 will never be realised in the end value, more so if going to the extent of reshelling as the DVLA may seek to stick their oar in. It's purely whether it's worth it from a sentimental perspective. Ewaaj's...
  63. Doodle

I'd have done a better job, Hollywood epic. It couldn't even torch itself properly. :lol:
  64. Doodle

I understand where you're coming from - after a while you get tired of things going wrong or having to constantly having to fix it. I was already at the end of the line with the A8, one more indiscretion and it was going. As it happened, it made that decision for me. Having something you want...
  65. Doodle

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Probably a good thing, they're even less tolerant of speeding than the UK ones.
  66. Doodle

Was it that high before the session though? A sudden increase in oil level is potentially fuel getting into the sump
  67. Doodle

Like any true BL product :lol:
  68. Doodle

Loxy's Type R #6

I'd expect with the schemes available to service staff, it would be an absolute steal too.
  69. Doodle

FN2 100 speed humps on my daily commute, is a CTR fn2 for me ?

Hmmmm, that username looks familiar :lol: From experience, the CTR is going to p*ss you off intensely around town, and will not shine on the motorway. Whether that's worth it for the 4 miles of backroads only you can judge.
  70. Doodle

Dream car at 18

Exorbitant. Given some of the vehicles I've owned I'd be surprised if it wasn't many tens of thousands.
  71. Doodle

Dream car at 18

2 V8s on the drive, sir? That'll be
  72. Doodle

Dream car at 18

Averaging one car change a year, that gets pretty expensive - nearly £10k in registration fees since I started driving.
  73. Doodle

Dream car at 18

At 18 I was at uni, couldn't take your car to halls so was tooling around on a supermotarded Honda on Metzeler Comp Ks. Think I got 1300 miles out of a rear. :lol:
  74. Doodle

Loxy's Type R #6

It's a perfectly sensible family car :lol:
  75. Doodle

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

If by nicely, you mean "slow motion train crash". Don't you go bringing logic into it, this is no place for that sort of talk :lol:
  76. Doodle

Raiding the Audi back catalogue FTW. If Clubsport S discs and pads aren't enough then I can look at TTS/TTRSQ3 calipers.
  77. Doodle

I know Pagids are good, but £500+ for a set of brake pads? :eek:
  78. Doodle

Wheel stud conversion kit

Thankfully pitch is fine, 5x112 throughout. It's merely that the hub I'm using for the jig comes from a later Mercedes and so is M14 rather than M12.
  79. Doodle

Will do - I only need 5 at most, even 3 would do at a pinch if they need to be done specially. Thinking further, even a hubcentric wheel spacer could do the job.
  80. Doodle

Not specifically Honda, but hopefully the hive mind can help. I'm looking for some unusual hub conversion studs, M14 hub to M12 wheel (both 1.5 pitch). They're to make up a split rim reassembly rig, so they're not going to be under any pressure. I've seen a few purveyors of cheapo Chinese tat...
  81. Doodle

This. I'm certainly out of the running now I'm fully warrantied :lol:
  82. Doodle

Water in me spoiler?

I believe Loxy covered this in his owners thread recently?
  83. Doodle

Mk1 Eunos Roadster (MX5)

I would agree - I'm at a point now where I can't be bothered anymore, especially having spent a considerable amount of time this year on the Audi only for it to torch itself. Motorbikes I'm fine with, I have a hydraulic bike ramp in the garage so I'm warm, dry and not grubbing around on the...
  84. Doodle

Jimbo's JDM Bugeye Impreza STI

I'm having flashbacks to reading Lax Power in my early teens. :lol:
  85. Doodle

Flat and relacquer satin finish
  86. Doodle

Jimbo's JDM Bugeye Impreza STI

Vaguely reminiscent of the Cosworth tiger stripes.
  87. Doodle

Not cornering, just a crash that accidentally never completed. :lol:
  88. Doodle

+2. Paint's not been cleaned off and the welding looks like pigeon sh*t. I wouldn't want to trust a roll cage on that.
  89. Doodle

Loxy's Type R #6

Audi use a flat rubber washer to retain the undertray quick releases, which might work? 25mm OD, part# 4A0805137
  90. Doodle

FK8 Had FK8 just over 6 months, a few little niggles .....

#6 is the case for almost all cars on the market, overreading by 5-10%
  91. Doodle

FN2 Double Dins - Still getting stolen i.e. do I need to get removable fascia?

Is that a question, are they being stolen? If so, IME the answer is generally no, scummy sh*tholes excepted. Double DIN units are invariably bolted into the dash and a pig to remove in any sort of hurry.
  92. Doodle

Hmmm...alcantara bonnet. Plush :-k
  93. Doodle

If they start getting noisy, I hope you get better customer service than I did.
  94. Doodle

That's a post-dry-bum face if ever there was :lol:
  95. Doodle

FK2 Need a bit of advice on what to do at the end of my PCP

It speaks volumes that Litchfield offer credit terms on servicing :lol:
  96. Doodle

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

I'm trying to remember if these are the guys that provided the intake pipe for the FD2. I'll see if my original build thread still exists. Edit - I was wrong, it was SFS
  97. Doodle

FK8 Accuracy of speedometer

Pretty much every car over-reads to a small percentage, if nothing else because it's preferable to under-reading.
  98. Doodle

EP3 Polish or replace? EP3 headlights

From the markings on the headlamp itself - an E-marked HID unit will contain D in its function markings instead of H.
Back