• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. NFN-CTR

Broken radiator mount EP3?

While having a quick clean under my bonnet today I noticed my radiator rocks back and forth a bit (10mm, maybe less) when I wiggle it by the filler cap. Does anybody else's do this, or do I need to get my head in there and look for a snapped mount?
  2. NFN-CTR

What CAI kit is this?

Looking at other pictures from retailers websites I can't quite tell which one it is.
  3. NFN-CTR

Brake judder when braking from high speed

Apologies if a previously asked question. Search function threw up nothing particularly relevant. I did a track day last Saturday, and within 2 hot laps I was getting pretty severe brake judder when braking down from 100mph+ Discs and pads are Mintex, only a month or so old, with about 1000...
  4. NFN-CTR

Best company for one day's track insurance?

Anyone got any recommendations for companies that will cover me for one day on a track? Also, what do these track policies cover? Need to get this sorted ASAP.
  5. NFN-CTR

Are they taking the p!ss?!

I paid a shade over £400 last year through Localbroker (now Aquote). Got my renewal through today and it's £670!! I did pick up an sp30 last May, but that only makes a minor difference in the cost. I'm 28, no claims, 7 years NCB, and had my dad on the policy. How the f***do they expect to...
  6. NFN-CTR

RAF Marham track day 18/19th April £70 per day

This is a well attended charity event, with a wide range of cars turning up every year, from classic MGs to full on supercars (an Enzo turned up once apparently). There's a 1.2(ish) mile straight, as well as corner complexes, so something for speed freaks, and those that like to belt through...
  7. NFN-CTR

Resetting front brake calipers

From Jermal's brake pads "how to"... Is it really that simple? I'd have thought it requires a fair amount of pressure to push the piston back in, or does it go back in fairly easily?
  8. NFN-CTR

Is my rear screen covered the same as my front?

Ronseal. Do policies cover rear screens in the same manner as they do front ones? ie. £50 odd excess to pay for a broken screen.
  9. NFN-CTR

Valve clearances

Car's going in for its 6th service next month (63k on the clock) and the service manager quoted me around £110 for the service if I supply my own oil and filter. He also mentioned that the valve clearances would need checking, and this would set me back another £60 or so. What exactly does...
  10. NFN-CTR

New CTR owner saying hi

Hi gents (and ladies) I'm the proud new owner of a 2002/52 CTR in silver, 60k on the clock, full local Honda history. I've been having a nose around the forum and it seems like a friendly and useful place for discussion and advice, so I'm looking forward to getting involved! I know new...
Back