• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. blueguy

FK2 J's Exhaust

Not sure if this has been posted already as the news is a day old, but here's the latest on J's development of their exhaust for the FK2
  2. blueguy

FK2 FK2 general discussion

LMP spec Brembo's are going on TGM/RKC's FK2. Blows every other brake setup out of the water. Some trivia on these: Ridiculously light as they're monobloc and have every bit of excess material removed Greater piston force that the BTCC type Brembo's they normally use To change the pads you...
  3. blueguy

She's a racing driver. Met her in passing years ago at TGM, where Gaz borrowed a ramp to work on her race car.
  4. blueguy

From pictures I preferred the red/white, however after seeing a black and white one today in the flesh I couldn't agree with this more Sun. I would definitely go for black if I got one and to echo what most people have said, they look so much better in person. The only thing I don't like are the...
  5. blueguy

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Fitting smaller diameter wheels gives the same effect as shortening your final drive, you'll get faster pick up on acceleration. Of course if the tyre walls are higher then it negates the effect.
  6. blueguy

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Don't forget the RE-11's. I would guess the brake pads are uprated too. What I'm wondering about is what that mount looking thing is on the boot lid, just as it meets the rear windscreen?
  7. blueguy

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

Nice car Loxy, good to see you back in a Honda
  8. blueguy

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

Uncle Tom and I have been discussing it recently. We'll see :lol:
  9. blueguy

So a couple of weeks ago I finally made my return to track (not since Harv and I were synchronise drifting down Paddock Hill) at Snetterton with the guys from HOT. I hadn't seen them for a very long time so it was good to catch up. This was also the first proper shake down of the car since the...
  10. blueguy

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Just seen your for sale ad mate :(
  11. blueguy

Toyo R1R's - Anyone run these??

You shouldn't get R1R's if your issues are primarily damp slippy conditions on the road. They're great in the dry and on track though.
  12. blueguy

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

Nice update Lottie. Do you know what Nitron did? Anything to the shims, different spring rates etc? I have to say on the road although (expectedly) stiff, mine are very stable. But then I did get mine after you test mules had been running them :)
  13. blueguy

Cheers. Re: Side protector - I honestly can't remember now, it was so long ago. What I do remember is that it was version 2, as version 1 just had Recaro stitched on and not ASM. These are only for specific seats mind.
  14. blueguy

Shhhhh! :lol:
  15. blueguy

Cheers. Looking forward to getting back on track with you guys Lottie :) It's taken 3 years to get all the parts (for the whole car) from various suppliers (mostly the J's parts from Sumo Power), coinciding with some compatibility issues and timing to to put it all together. But it's finally...
  16. blueguy

Thanks guys, yes I'm keeping the passenger seat stock Ed as it's more accommodating and gives me easy access to the back seat if I need to put stuff there. If I decide to shed a bit of weight on track I'll just take it out. The interior is staying put Karl as I like it and it gives a completed...
  17. blueguy

So on Friday, I popped down to TGM to complete the final piece of my plan I instigated 3 years ago. As some of you will know, this was my Recaro SPG race shell along with my special order white Willans harness, which should be interesting to try and keep clean. In addition I was supposed to...
  18. blueguy

MilanoChris' Evo IX

Lovely car Chris, the 9 is my favourite evo.
  19. blueguy

I thought it was about time I drove it instead of Tom :)
  20. blueguy

I partially agree Ed. Reason is you can put another c pillar bar (with the right ends) diagonally from one side of the existing c pillar bar to the other end if the gate bar. To me that setup looks the dog's danglies. I've been contemplating doing this but it's not very boot usage user friendly
  21. blueguy

I like the interior too much to put a cage in it for now. I expect it to happen at some point though. I need to get back on track first as it's been far too long. I'm still waiting for my Recaro SPG to be re-trimmed so it can go in for a magazine shoot. Then I'll finally be free to let the car...
  22. blueguy

So after unexpectedly picking up a J's C pillar with gate bars at Japfest, I decided to fit them last weekend. Just need a monkey to leave in the boot now
  23. blueguy

Soooo it's not a Honda

Lovely car Lottie. Are you going to change the colour of the wheels?
  24. blueguy

A sad sight to see mate. Hopefully it will all come good.
  25. blueguy

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 - Mimms + Engine Bay Pg 27 Spot on as above. 60rs is classified as the "street" version lol whereas the 70rr is the race version. Pity our tracks aren't like Japan with no noise limits otherwise that's what would've been on the teg :( Eventually it will be coming off...
  26. blueguy

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 - Mimms + Engine Bay Pg 27 Was that before or after I got lost trying to get out? :) Karl, no car sounds quite like yours :)
  27. blueguy

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 - Mimms + Engine Bay Pg 27 Thanks mate, yea I've had some issues with that wannabe Cheers chaps for the rest of the kind comments.
  28. blueguy

Lovely parts Karl 8) Are you sure those J's mounts will be an upgrade over the esmm's? As in to do what you need them to do
  29. blueguy

I respect your opinion James, I of course realise that this isn't a kit for everyone. Re: Stickers, I personally think the stickers tie in the black and white. I am a self confessed J's whore, but only because I love what they do and what they produce, not because they are JDM y0! The most...
  30. blueguy

Yes I do mind :lol: What I will say though is that you wouldn't be able to get the parts for what I paid for them anymore e.g. For the J's parts, I got a huge discount from Sumo Power via TGM for the bulk order, but this was more than two years ago and I believe Sumo will not do bulk order...
  31. blueguy

Some pictures from the snappers at Mimms And lastly an engine Bay Shot
  32. blueguy

NYA's ST150 **Stanced, Cleaned & Photoed 14/10/12**

Car is looking great, love the little touches. Nice job 8)
  33. blueguy

It starts 2pm but I would try and get there for 1pm latest based on what I heard happened at the last one.
  34. blueguy

It is mate. The engine was practically done then, so the bay will not be much different. Everything else though :lol:
  35. blueguy

Thanks for the kind comments fellas :) Karl - I'll most likely see you at Mimms fella. If you go and it's sunny, make sure you get there early i.e. before the start time as the car park packs out fast! Chris - I contacted Brayley Honda as a representative of the DC5 club. The Director at the...
  36. blueguy

Had a nice day at Brayley Honda Enfield on Saturday where we were shooting photos of the car. Many thanks to the chaps there for giving us free roam of the site; god I wish I owned their garages.
  37. blueguy

CJN's - CW Honda Integra Type-R

Lovely example you have there fella
  38. blueguy

Cheers fella. The Mugen assist meters came with the car
  39. blueguy

Thanks for the kind comments. Due to the J's aero kit, wheels and brakes, I think many people may have missed some less obvious mods at Japfest. "some" of them below: Mugen Racing III Steering wheel and Works Bell Release hub and boss. Vision Technica Wider blue mirrors. They are convex...
  40. blueguy

Nitron coilovers

I thought Julian got his via 8 Speed?
  41. blueguy

Nitron coilovers

I forgot to mention dotty, they're really light weight as well (without compromising strength)
  42. blueguy

Nitron coilovers

He has the 3 way adjustable ones. Don't expect change from £3.5k - £4k for those ones
  43. blueguy

legendary wheels thread

Diamond Black CE28's - 10 times better in the flesh
  44. blueguy

Nitron coilovers

Brietling don't know how to set them up ones. Too many knobs to adjust :lol:
  45. blueguy

Nitron coilovers

If I'm going to Spa next year, FOAD with getting Nitrons and stick with your springs :lol:
  46. blueguy

Cheers lads, it's been long in the waiting/making and I am simply blown away by the outcome. Tom, Willie and the rest of the guys at TGM have done an amazing job including Tomo (tint/sticker guy next to TGM).
  47. blueguy

This one? :p
  48. blueguy

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

Congratulations on the feature Chris, well deserved. Is there a page or passage of writing missing after pg37 though?
  49. blueguy

My New Blue DC5 Facelift

Yes, there is. Nice car btw.
  50. blueguy

We're buddies dontcha know?
  51. blueguy

Yep, the main blade can be angled at 6 different settings in one position and then a further 9 when moved back by about half an inch. It will all make sense if you look at the holes at the mounting point (with the legs) in the last picture. The Bank Manager shat himself? What about me? :lol: It...
  52. blueguy

Whilst my head is getting big I should mention the wing foot mounts are optional extras. You have to order them the same time as the wing otherwise hey won't line up i.e. they won't fit with a J's wing that has come with the thinner standard foot mounts. The wing is 15 stage adjustable as well...
  53. blueguy

To be more precise it's the Js GT type 2 wing, note not the type 1. It's not an option for the dc5, only for the s2k. Junichi Umemoto put through a special order for me after a discussion with him a couple of years ago. This is the very definition of an über rare part for the dc5
  54. blueguy

I am waiting in anticipation to shout that next year mate
  55. blueguy

Touge on TRO ring trip roads > touge on UK roads :) Will need a cargo net ;)
  56. blueguy

2000 miles a year will be plenty for road mileage, especially with the ride those Nitrons will give. I have separate track wheels now which I can take down to the canvas dontcha know :lol: Being serious though, the top mounts are turned. Camber is set at -1.95 front, -1.5 rear which is very...
  57. blueguy

Shhhh :lol: Only test fitted Sun; easier access to the engine bay and interior, plus I have discussed with Willie something very specific with mounting the numberplates. Don't worry, no holes will be present. Geo is done btw. It's slightly more conservative than I originally wanted but with the...
  58. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

I like it Sun as I can picture it with the Mugen wing.
  59. blueguy

I'm not taking anything for granted mate, I'm still the challenger and heaven forbid I might bin it on track before I get to JAE :evil:. Although I love the show scene, taking it out on track is what I most look forward to; the worst combination :p Forgot to post up the latest pictures. Only a...
  60. blueguy

I am after Nymph's JAE award, hence the drumming up of interest now before it's complete :lol:
  61. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

Force of habit, I've been on k20.org too much :lol:
  62. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

Junk2?
  63. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

Polish your dome nuts.
  64. blueguy

I will mate, I should be rocking up in the burgandy Accord aka the beast.
  65. blueguy

The bronze is unsalvageable Sun. There's no way I would ever refurb Volks unless they needed it. LOL at the tyre size. I done some deciphering and they are 17x7.5. Offset is 40 something (by eye)
  66. blueguy

Thanks to Dotty's change of heart, I was able to part exchange my oem alloys (that were going to go to him) for a set of SE37's. They will be my track wheels; repainted and wrapped in Dunlop DZ03's.
  67. blueguy

Supercharged DC5

It's not for sale :lol:
  68. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

Ride height looks great Sun
  69. blueguy

I am indeed mate. Wouldn't miss JAE with TRO for the World.
  70. blueguy

Cheers guys :) Thanks for mentioning the above Sun, you saved me the trouble. Even though I am a J's whore I have to say the fitment of the fenders (out of the box) was shocking. Will and Aqueel spent a considerable amount of time building up layers of fibre glass, re-drilling holes, etc etc to...
  71. blueguy

Update time. So my car is at TGM for numerous bits one of which is the aero. Willie's work never ceases to wow me and it's not even finished yet
  72. blueguy

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Sorry, I missed a key word out. I meant the top of the front seat belt mounts
  73. blueguy

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

It's been thought of and applied already. J's even do a camera mount to go with their C pillar bar. Another camera mounting point is to put up a bar and brackets between the top of the two seatbelt mounts
  74. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

I'm buying the car this weekend Sun. On another note, have you seen these?
  75. blueguy

No mate, all weather road tyres are not for me :)
  76. blueguy

Fitting two years worth of waiting for parts mate. All shall be revealed next month at some point :)
  77. blueguy

Finally a proper bit of carbon fibre to match my J's intake and replace the Tegiwa Shizzle that's covering my plugs at the moment. Props to Dotty for the heads up :smt069
  78. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

He sorted out Dave C's Fugen rear lip which was an even more mis-match fitment wise. Looks superb now. Nice one Sun.
  79. blueguy

I'm not going to see it under the car :) The blue colour is the protective wrap.
  80. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

Nice Sun. This seems to be a week of arriving parts :)
  81. blueguy

Beatrush underpanel yo!
  82. blueguy

J's racing exhaust

Depending on what bpipe you want to mate it to I would check fitment as it's not guaranteed to fit e.g. The backbox from a 60RS catback will not fit an oem bpipe (that's one of the reasons they brought out the 60R) Maybe it's different with the old old 60RS but I doubt it.
  83. blueguy

J's racing exhaust

It's the old old design of the 60RS, the one before the FX and FX-Pro. It will be titanium. Is there no bpipe included with the sale? Not all of the old J's exhausts had the engraved plate welded on, don't know why. Tuning Factory know their J's stuff very well mate so I wouldn't worry. Do you...
  84. blueguy

Numpty moment for me. Makes perfect sense when I think about it. Thanks for pointing it out :)
  85. blueguy

The primary reason for getting this was for convenience. If I ever get a front flat, the space saver or the OEM wheel wouldn't be able to fit over the caliper. This would mean swapping over one of the rear wheels and thus two wheel changes. Do not want, as you never know where and under what...
  86. blueguy

Cheers guys :) Update - Spare wheel yo!
  87. blueguy

Nitrons are on. Cheers dotty for the spy photos
  88. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

"Hello Michael"
  89. blueguy

Harv's BMW 135i *pics Page 7*

Looks meaner :cool:
  90. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

Satin black for the rear. Rain light idea sounds ace :)
  91. blueguy

Agree with this Sun, but I'm happy with the dimensions of my rear wheels and want to swap my fronts and rears occasionally. I want a staggered set up, but don't want staggered wheels (unless I have a separate set of track wheels) :)
  92. blueguy

Thought you'd be interested to know Brembo have a huge range of disc designs mate. Here are just a few.
  93. blueguy

Don't see what all the fuss is about :)
  94. blueguy

I know Sun, just like me with your MF-10's (although I would buy them if they were up for sale) :lol: The simple answer on the spacers is.... I'm leaving it up to Tom. As you know, if Tom's working on the car, there's no need to worry about it being safe. Appreciate the heads up though :)
  95. blueguy

Eibach hub centric spacers Sun. You know why I have to run them :) Lol Mike, ad08s enroute. I remember when Paul asked me if I had tyre shine on after the first run. All I could think was, i cant remember but if I had, it would've been followed by 3 track days. Don't think there's any tyre shine...
  96. blueguy

Corrected for you :lol: I have Eibach coilovers and Mugen Sports Suspension as well as the Nitrons. Definitely don't need springs mate :p
  97. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

Smoother than a car waxed with Brough and Howarth Definitive Wax Marble
  98. blueguy

Discs are Brembo mate :)
  99. blueguy

Some updates. Front bumper off to fit Koyo R-Series Competition radiator Avid mounts fitted Brakes fitted with temporary wheels as OEM's won't fit over the race calipers :lol: Nitrons laid out in the workshop
  100. blueguy

TypeRiter's DC5

Look's the shizzle Sun 8)
Back