• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. W

Squeaking noise - Any ideas?? (EP3)

Thanks for the info Dan, I did read similar before but when speaking to a friend that runs a garage he said that from next year them rack boots are on the MOT test list, and any splits like you'd have to make will definitely make it fail it's MOT :-/
  2. W

Sounds suspicious if you've just had them replaced, I'd talk to the garage you had it done at to take a look tbh. I was pleasantly surprised, they said £34 per 15mins of diagnostic, but my total charge for greasing and tightening was total of £19+vat so 22 something mate
  3. W

Well the noise is still there, but reduced a lot - and all Honda have done is grease up and tighten the top mounts. So I'm assuming it's them that need replacing - I'm just going to see how it goes over the next month before deciding to take it back in.
  4. W

No stones or anything like that, only makes the noise under load really (hill starts or with passengers) - it didn't make the noise whilst up on Honda's ramps turning
  5. W

I hope that's what it is, far cheaper to replace compared to the rack. It creaks like hell off any hillstart now and remains for quite a while
  6. W

Mr Honda said it sounds like top mounts or the steering rack but couldn't be sure. So he tightened and lubed up my mounts and I've just got to see how it goes. Hope to God I don't need a new rack!
  7. W

I'm sat in Honda at the moment, at £34 per 15mins of diagnosis I hope they have a clue! First guy couldn't see anything wrong, but then I took him for a drive and it started again. He thinks it's rack / top mount related but not too sure. If he can't find anything hes going to tighten up a few...
  8. W

Is there really no advice from anyone on this? I'm now sure its coming from the front of the car, and steering related and it's definitely noticeably creaky steering left and ride even the most subtle of movements. I'm now guessing it's a steering rack issue, and i've heard there are some...
  9. W

It's worrying as it's definitely getting worse, I am wondering if it's suspension related. My commute to work changed about 2months ago, and now involves a mile of speed humps which is making me suspicious even though I crawl over them. Any ideas anyone?????
  10. W

Hi guys, Ever since I got my CTR couple years back it's always made a odd squeaking noise at low speeds but only when I've got 2-3 passengers in the car with me. As that rarely is the case, I always forget to diagnose / get it fixed. More recently it seems to be happening all of the time, even...
  11. W

75000 mile service due

I'm trying EBC Yellow stuff pads, which you can get from ebcdirect or similar, and from popular reviews and previous experience on other cars I've got some MTEC drilled & grooved discs off ebay, which were 1/4 of the EBC disc price. Must admit only been on around 200 miles so far and they're...
  12. W

75000 mile service due

Must admit I just serviced mine myself last weekend - 85k service (or whichever is after the 75k one, although car not done 60k yet). Oil filter with new sump seal, air filter, new iridium plugs, oil change. All the parts for the service (genuine Honda) came to £123.44 - and took just over an...
  13. W

Need urgent help / advice - petrol cap release!

Worked a treat, thanks Paul. Once I got it open I did some tests, seems the lever is still operating the release just not 100%. I'm guessing I can tighten it somewhere?? I gently bent the metal inside the cap so that it didn't go so far over the release and it's done the trick for now!
  14. W

I think the cable I was wiggling is the one you say I can remove, ill try it now and see if it works. Thanks for the fast response
  15. W

Hey Guys, I've got a bit of a problem - stopped into the petrol station today and pulled the petrol cap release on my EP3 and I heard a bit of a noise and it's gone all slack! Couldn't get it open. I've previously had it sticking before, but fixed that a good year ago - this is different...
  16. W

EP3 Speaker sizes / recommendations

Cheers mate, ill check them out. Appreciate your efforts!
  17. W

Cheers for the response mate, appreciated. I don't know very much about decent car speaker setups. I'm guessing my budget would be £100 or less, even if it just sorts the fronts out as I'm guesing they're the most important. Pretty sure the only place around here is Halfords that do them too...
  18. W

Hey everyone, Got a nice alpine stereo put in a few months back, it's great but the EP3's speaker's are a little lacking! Does anyone know what sizes I would need to replace them? And if anyone has any they would like to recommend, im open to suggestions as my speaker knowledge isn't the...
  19. W

Grinding when braking hard

Sounds like might be the discs if its not the pads, can't imagine it could be that much else?
  20. W

Refurb kit for alarm fob

My local dealer was a little brief on the phone, "Errr no more than £90" was my answer. To find out I can do it myself with an existing FOB was almost laughable though :-)
  21. W

Refurb kit for alarm fob

Only recently purchased my 02 CTR - came with just 1 FOB and it's in very poor shape, can't even attach it to the keyring which is quite annoying! Just rang Hamilton Palmer, the refurb kits are currently at £11.50 (inc VAT and p&p) and a new one is £40.25 (all inc). Honda told me if I got a new...
Back