• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ianmt

Snappy Gears

Hi. Something I noticed whilst driving around today is when you change from 1st to 2nd gear, and sometimes up into 3rd, it seems like its stuck in gear. I don't get a crunching sound or anything. Its hard to describe really. I didn't get the gearbox oil changed when I had it serviced on...
  2. ianmt

Vtec smooth?

Ok, its my regular moan time again. Had the car serviced on Thursday and one of the big things that was done was the valve clearances. Its also got amazingly clean oil now too. My question. I took it out yesterday and driving down the A465 I gave it some welly in 3rd. Up went the revs to 6500...
  3. ianmt

Bad Shell Station in Swansea!

Hi. I was unsure whether to post this here or in Dealers but this will have to do. I had a really bad experience today at Swansea Bay Shell station, so its just a warning as I nearly had my car scratched all up one side. I'm so annoyed at the attitude of the Manager and staff that I have sent...
  4. ianmt

Milano Photos and Waxed after a service ** Updated 06/02/10 **

Hi guys. After taking the car out after its service today, I thought i'd give it some Auto glym tlc and take some cool shots with a decent camera. There's about 20 shots in total. Cheers.
  5. ianmt

Gearbox oil help

Hi all. Had my car serviced yesterday and all is fine, plus I had one hell of a deal. For the service I got all my parts from Lings.com and my family run garage, which has been doing my motors for 12 odd years did the fitting and service. They checked the gearbox oil (current mileage is...
  6. ianmt

Weird noise when driving off.

Hi all. I'm not sure if this is a fault or whether its down to the cold weather, but was wondering if you can help me identify a noise, as its the first winter having the car and its bugging me somewhat. The past 2 weeks I've gone to start the car cold and when you lift off on the clutch and...
  7. ianmt

Crunchy reverse gear...

Hi guys. After just mentioning about my dodgy trip button, I also had an issue with putting into reverse on Friday. I went to select reverse to park into a space and heard a crunching sound. I deselected and reapplied reverse and all was fine. So, I either retardedly didn't put it in right...
  8. ianmt

Dodgey Trip counter button

Hi guys. I was wondering whether any of you have encountered this issue. I went out on Friday to put fuel in and went to reset the trip counter. I noticed that it would not reset, and after several attempts of pressing a bit harder, it eventually worked. Maybe this could have something to the...
  9. ianmt

Milano Red Type R

Hi Guys, Thought I'd upload some of the photos I took at Margam Park in the summer this year after a waxing session.
  10. ianmt

Help on servicing

Hi Guys, After my visit to Bassetts Honda Swansea today, I have a question. My 2005 Type R is just about to turn 33,000 and was last serviced 27,000 (although the stamp is on the 37,500miles part??) but had one of those pre check things with the MOT in April where the car was on 30,500 when I...
  11. ianmt

Condensation in headlight

Hi Guys, After washing the car today i've noticed the right front headlight has a severe amount of condensation (related to the poor weather we are currently experiencing in South Wales). I've tried a few things like leaving full beam on for a while to dry it out and even taking a towel...
  12. ianmt

Vtec help.

Hi guys. After owning my 2005 type R for 6 months I've finally got round to seeing what the car can really do. On previous occasions on a quiet slip road I have got vtec going in 3rd gear where you feel that jolt, which leaves a big smile on my face. Today I went out and on a duel carriageway...
  13. ianmt

whine in 6th at 70mph?

I was travelling home tonight on the motorway where I overtook a car and noticed a new noise coming from the gear box. I overtook at 70 mph in 6th gear and it sounded like something was rattling in the storage box below the gearbox. When I checked and slightly moved the gear in 6th the whine...
  14. ianmt

Rusty arch

I washed my 2005 milano red ctr today and noticed a black spot on the inside of the rear passenger wheel arch. After inspection it was a big stone chip which had rusted. I used the tool that comes with the Honda touch up stick where it took the rust right out and then touched up accordingly. Has...
Back