• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. SR-25

Piper manifold and backpipe changing back pipe ??

I'm sure some exhaust fabricator could make you a backbox with a huge tail silencer, also is your catback a twin silenced system or is it just a straight through centre section?
  2. SR-25

Shaenei's Cosmic EP3 **Premier Recaro Seats Fitted ** Page 36

I had a spoon 4-2 2-1 fitted to my Legalis R and i drove off thinking it doesn't sound any different a bit more of a grumble but the difference wasn't that much. Then once the car was up to nice temperature and entered spirital driving frame of mind it sounded immense and then when you get to...
  3. SR-25

Any Volk CE28N copies out there?

Kai racing used to do a set but i haven't seen them in a very long time.
  4. SR-25

How much brake fluid is needed to flush the system??

1.7 sticks in my head for some reason i brought 4 500ml bottles for a complete change but never got round to doing it just yet.
  5. SR-25

which one to buy for EP3........Spoon N1 or BC ProSpec?

I've had both mate and it's hard to compare really they were both amazing. If i was to choose i'd probably go for the spoon i ran both with a DC Header and the noise was insane more so on the spoon as it was much more droney and very farty at low revs whereas the prospec was quite smooth. It...
  6. SR-25

Passenger airbag

No problem, things look rather bleak at the moment it's seems more expensive than it's worth. Oh well had to explore the options anyway. I'd much rather put that money towards a Toda mani after hearing Suit's at JAE when he was making noise whilst slightly merry hehe
  7. SR-25

Passenger airbag

Yeah i've alreadyy been in touch with J about it and Unit 8 did the dashboard for him so i've asked them via PM just waiting for a response, he has removed everything for TA. I only want to do it as a cosmetic thing as theres some marks on the dash that are really bugging me so i'd like to keep...
  8. SR-25

Passenger airbag

Oh right so the only way i could get them flocked is by using my dash or finding a dashboard where the airbag hasn't gone off. You've been most helpful thanks.
  9. SR-25

Passenger airbag

Bugger, so if i removed the dashboard would that cover be integral to the cover or integral to the airbag unit that lies beneath?
  10. SR-25

Passenger airbag

Bit of a longshot this as i doubt it's done but does anybody know if the plastic dash panel for the passenger airbag can be removed? I ask as im gettting the dash flocked and want to keep the function of the airbag at the same time. Cheers Mike
  11. SR-25

What's your age? Do you drive a Type R?

purchased my 30AE when i was 21, now 23 previous car was 206 XSi
  12. SR-25

forum member XandderrMan

I got this one from alias of RooTModerators Dear, andychad;rockietyper;singh111s;SR-25;Pegasys! A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately...
  13. SR-25

Murph's Cosmic Prem **Random Scooby pic last page**

Love it Murph that's my favourite shape scoob although i would like a WR1.
  14. SR-25

New Toy

How have you got that much money, it looks amazing!!
  15. SR-25

Buddyclub pro spec

I can vouch for the Prospec i had one on my EP3 with a DC manifold and it roars like i dont know what . Mine fitted crap though n burnt the bumper :(
  16. SR-25

Gruppe M noise?

Hilarious :lol:
  17. SR-25

whats pads have you fitted?

Hey chaps, Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but just wondering if there's anything in peoples opinions that's better or on a similar level with my usual setup - Goodridge braided hoses - OEM honda 5.1 fluid - OEM Discs - Ferrodo DS2500 Whilst this is a superb combo due to a cash shortfall i...
  18. SR-25

Rear LED bulbs

Not really my cameras not good enough to pick up the LED cluster. It just looks like a bright red light in the lamp housing.
  19. SR-25

Rear LED bulbs

Yep they are still as super bright as they were back then :cool:
  20. SR-25

r88 ctr pictures at last!

I know it is mate i will admit the car is just far too low for practical use. Unfortunatly the Grill didn't survive i had just overtook a sainsburys wagon when it detached. Yeah im at the autosport show with stu and tom not sure whos driving yet. There was a midlands meet up where i live now...
  21. SR-25

haha my mugen grill flew off on the A5 the car looks rough as and then i ripped the bumper off at the mcdonalds drive through as the mugen lip dug in so yeah car looks quite poorly at the minute mate. Will all be good in a couple of weeks though
  22. SR-25

Champ white, they're my old wheels. Looking good Rob did Tom take those with his new camera?
  23. SR-25

My new 30th AE seats

Agreed i own a 30AE so had no probs with sourcing the seats but even nearly 2 years into ownership i still love them
  24. SR-25

Am i going mad spoon 4-2 2-1

Hi guys, Does anybody have any experiance with a spoon 4-2 2-1 at all? I had mine fitted recently and it makes like a ticking noise when i put my foot down but not in vtec. I've been told this is a characteristic of the exhaust but just needed confirmation. It doesn't do it in vtec it just...
  25. SR-25

Servicing

I do my servicing myself with some help from a friend. I just keep a copy of receipts in a folder and put the mileage at the time of change on the opie oils invoice :) It's not a stamp but as a car enthusiast i'd like to give buyers the impression that i cared about the car
  26. SR-25

How do i remove the centre dash?

That worked well for me, one question how do the vents come out on the driver/passenger side? I have a 30AE CTR but have got hold of the facelift vents with the chrome middle pieces. They're built into the centre dash so that was easy using the guide but i cant for the life of me figure out the...
  27. SR-25

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

I'm so jealous you beat me Nick after i did all that shopping lol. I am making fast progress at the moment to arrive at a similar situation and just enjoy what ive created. I echo the statement about being grateful for traffic sometimes too lol Fitted the OEM spoiler yesterday and the car felt...
  28. SR-25

10,000rpm K20A2

Surely the standard oil pump would be crying at that RPM.
  29. SR-25

Screech noise on start up!

Yeah mine does it too sounds awful but doesn't do it all the time.
  30. SR-25

FN2 Mugen FN2 Confirmed

It's like being back on the pistonheads forum reading this. There's alot of narrow minded people on that place that seem to forget what you get for 38k isn't just the car there's a whole experiance to be had and for that fact alone + the end result = all 20 sold. Fair play to the guys at Mugen...
  31. SR-25

30AE - Tein SS and Spoon Mani

Yeah honestly it's such a difficult choice i no longer live with the parents anymore so money has to go elsewhere which is why i can't really be blasting the sort of money i used to on the CTR. I have a good job and an evo might be a bit enthusiastic being only 23 so if i can atleast get the CTR...
  32. SR-25

Thanks mate, umm there is no part number to my knowledge. It is an aftermarket diff made by Quaife which you can buy from TDI, Unit 8 etc...
  33. SR-25

Hey guys, I cant thank you enough for the comments. The car is in need of quite a bit of TLC as my work horse it's getting some wear and tear with the Mugen lip hitting the floor and breaking my bumper off on a few occasions now thank god for cable ties. I have put some pics below from...
  34. SR-25

rbc intake

In the process of getting all my bit together i got ripped off on the rbc alone it only came with the throttle body adaptor. I have just brought the inlet manifold gasket for £60 and i need a throttle body gasket but can't find those online yet. Any ideas?
  35. SR-25

My '05 NHB CTR - Time to say goodbye :(

GET.THOSE.FCUKING.HID'S.IN.NOOB :cool: jesus Terry your getting worse than me and i've been goin on at you for ages to get them fitted lol
  36. SR-25

headlight question

That's enough to kill the bulb/ballast mate if it's HID kit. I did it last year, well i didn't a family member was messing around in it pulling/turning and pressing every possible control in the car
  37. SR-25

Good Washing Technique

Good write up. Can you tell me if there is a specific type of microfibre cloth to use for drying the car? There's just far too many to choose from.
  38. SR-25

Beautiful Nick, must of been worth the wait
  39. SR-25

BUDs - Milano Red Premier EP3 Eurospec 230bhp NOW FOR SALE

Brave man considering a DC mani and Spec III lol. Car looks nice and would make a right racket with that exhaust system in a good way though
  40. SR-25

jrsc McPremier Update Pg 5 New Rims

Yes it has mate without a doubt its difficult to describe what it was like it drives so well and is just relentless in every gear. The clutch feel was very different in comparison but im sure you get used to it. IIRC it's about 3k for a JRSC install so there's a fair amount of saving there lol...
  41. SR-25

Love this car. The stripped out effect is really something to get used to lol it sounds like the windows are always down however it pulls too well to care about anything else :D
  42. SR-25

My EP 3

Thats one gorgous CTR
  43. SR-25

Buddy Club Spec IV

Yeah thats a bit odd my 4 was really quiet when i wanted it to be even on a DC header. I wouldn't go down the Buddyclub route again i had the Prospec after i sold the 4 and yeah it made a cracking noise and was a true 2.5inch bore however it didn't fit too well, it burnt the bumper and the...
  44. SR-25

New Toy

hahaha you know me mate it's my favourite CTR exhaust. Selling it was the biggest mistake ever in my car modifiying history
  45. SR-25

V Power or tesco ron 99

Likewise there have been occasions where i've come close to needing to drop down to 95 for a splash and dash to get home. My car was mapped with V power in it but i wasn't sure what effect it would have if i ever had to put your regular supermarket stuff in does anybody know if you'd be able to...
  46. SR-25

New Toy

Sounds like a budget airline. Really like the spoon mate i've decided against going back to one i don't want another exhaust i want a PS3 instead :cool:
  47. SR-25

Headlights

Honda do offer a HID kit but it's mighty expensive. Your best bet is what i did i brought my lamps off ebay. Then brought a universal H1 HID kit have it all wired up and enjoy. You won't get pulled with HID's if they're setup properly in the facelift headlights aslong as you don't go for too...
  48. SR-25

Help picking exhaust !

Out of your choice spoon wins. I've had two Buddyclub exhausts the spec 4 and prospec. I loved the spec4 on a race header it sounded like nothing but baffles gave way pretty early, had same problem with the prospec and the chassis vibration on standard exhaust hangers was very annoying. I had...
  49. SR-25

Alloy pedals

Yes mate, as mentioned if you can't drill through get some Araldite on it. It smells disgusting until its dry but aslong as you leave it to set properly it's not coming off.
  50. SR-25

I shall come and plain your driveway with my mugen lip Nick. Can't wait to get it off lol
  51. SR-25

mugen grille

Yes but need's minor modification
  52. SR-25

mugen front splitter

The genuine has a nice badge rivetted on it and the fitment is different on both however they achieve the same thing and look pretty identical.
  53. SR-25

I know mate even though it was just a badge it still hits home lol. Got another Mugen fake job on order for 99p from Malaysia LOL, genuine H's are a bit more tricky and pricey
  54. SR-25

First pic with new lights, had my H and Mugen emblem nicked last week :(
  55. SR-25

crunching gear

I paid £135 for an Exedy Stage 1 clutch. Your symptoms are identical to mine. Mine got so bad i'd fire the car up in the morning and spend the next 10-20 seconds trying to get into first gear. I just need a facelift flywheel then i have all the bits needed to get it all changed including my...
  56. SR-25

manifold

I bought them off the other type r forum. They were in superb condition, they had the usual wear and tear you get from exhausts but it functions fine and as stated a 20 minute cleaning session of elbow grease and it looks as good as new even though you can only see the twin pipes.
  57. SR-25

manifold

I'd do some second hand shopping mate, keep it jap and get some quality components. I got a Fujtisubo legalis R catback and spoon 4-2 2-1 manifold for the price of just your piper manifold and sports cat.
  58. SR-25

window tint

There's no way they're 85% you're looking at more like 60-70
  59. SR-25

A little ETD advice

I've got the same issue with my Spoon ETD. It was perfect when i first got it, it never annoyingly rattled until now on the Spoon ETD theres a blue annodised cap at the bottom of the cylinder and it's just undone itself over time. I'm hoping if we take it off and tighten it up properly with a...
  60. SR-25

Piper Exhaust with twin tailpipes

Looks good when it's not on the ramps :)
  61. SR-25

Probably the best mod for the car that i've brought so far, i also got a JDM rear arb too
  62. SR-25

BC Racing BR Damper Kit EP3

I agree with you totally for the price im sure they are pretty good. But if you want the best out of the car you need to pay for it so Buddyclub N+ for me unless some mint monoflex teins come up for sale Good history behind the Buddyclub range with their race car and everyone who i have spoke...
  63. SR-25

BC Racing BR Damper Kit EP3

I had a go in my mates car with BC coilovers. My first experiance on coilovers and to be fair it's alot better than stock. The fun bit was experimenting with the dampening and seeing how the car behaves. I really enjoyed messing with that, turn in was nice, it didn't crash over bumps but when...
  64. SR-25

Did you ever fit it and was it any good? I'm considering one but i think my crappy gear change feel is down to the clutch.
  65. SR-25

Nice one Nick can't go wrong with seats like that. They look mint. Av you got a Buddyclub shortshifter?
  66. SR-25

Bolts for Spoon Manifold

Thanks for the response. It's a good start obv don't want the 2-1 rattling loose :) thanks again
  67. SR-25

Bolts for Spoon Manifold

Hi chaps, I have a spoon 4-2 and 2-1 to fit to my car however it came with no nuts/bolts to mount the 4-2 and the 2-1 together. Do i need particular types such as spring bolts or can i just have a rummage and find something that simply fits? Cheers Mike
  68. SR-25

My Cosmic Premier EP3

Nice car the kit your on about is 55w HID, I have then rated at 6000k and they are amazing. They light the lane up i have to drive down to my new residence superbly
  69. SR-25

My Murdered Out Civic *Gone*

I like the direction your going in mate. I don't know if it's just the first photo however the car makes your EP3 rims look tiny. Get some P1's on :)
  70. SR-25

Cheers pal,I bought the mugen kit second hand and paid £670 for bonnet, grille and lip
  71. SR-25

Murph's Cosmic Prem **Random Scooby pic last page**

Wow Murph, defo gotta see that exhaust in person one day. Good work pal
  72. SR-25

Spoon 4-2 and 2-1
  73. SR-25

My JDM EP3

Simply awesome mate. I should be saving my money to have my RBC and such put on not spending money are handbrake gaitors eh James :)
  74. SR-25

Hi mate, It's very very quiet. When you're in VTEC though the induction roar from the gruppe m takes over.
  75. SR-25

Well it was on the car when i brought it i don't know what it's like to drive a standard CTR so it's hard to comment As soon as the guy texts me or PM's me, gettin bored of waiting
  76. SR-25

Yeah there were no vibrations at all. It's only recently undone itself so you can hear it more now. I'll tighten it up again at the weekend.
  77. SR-25

Gruppe M pic and Legalis R pics Gruppe M Fujitsubo Legalis R The heavens have opened as you can tell so no vids but the gruppe m makes more noise :twisted:
  78. SR-25

Here are my new toys :-D Gruppe M, SFS hose, RBC mani and Fujitsubo Legalis R, been after one for bloody months!!! Spoon 4-2 2-1 coming very soon aswell. Fitting gruppe m shortly if it stops bloody raining for an hour :thumbup: :-D Prospec and ITG will be for sale soon... Cheers Mike
  79. SR-25

Buddy club spec 4 question

^^ Nar the Spec IV is tame compare to them. The Spec IV is unique in the same way spoon is nothing seems to sound quite like it. I'm gettin a Legalis R next month or RM01A i'm struggling at the moment :D
  80. SR-25

EP3 J's Racing Tsuchinoko Intake

Now that is a cool looking bit of kit. Respect for being different and spending the money, you earnt it afterall.
  81. SR-25

my milano type r, ***a few new bits arrived today pg26***

Stunning car, is milano becoming the new NHB im seeing loads of them
  82. SR-25

How to fit a JDM carpet to an EP3 (or any other carpet for that matter)

Very helpful guide that i'll be making use of when i get time to clean the carpet.
  83. SR-25

Cheers Stu, i will treat ya to the good old Burger King tomorrow. I love the wheels too, i was going to swap them for some of the SF challenge ones in black with red stripe but changed my mind i think i'll leave the exterior as it looks an get the toda exhaust saved up for. I cant beleive that...
  84. SR-25

Induction kit

As discussed it will be mate. I'm waiting for a blowby hose for the GM then have everything to fit and can get the ITG off.
  85. SR-25

How to calculate your MPG

360 miles to a full tank, that was 60-70 all the way to ipswich from the midlands and back, bit of VTEC just to get it down to the fuel light enroute to the shell garage during the return leg.
  86. SR-25

Induction kit

I have had an ITG induction kit on mine and it is a great bit of kit although i couldnt hear it over the exhausts ive had in the past. Coming over to the darkside now with the Gruppe M. Can only read what people say and watch videos on youtube for the moment.
  87. SR-25

My JDM EP3

I bet you got that for a steal of a price aswell. hehe good work Stu!
  88. SR-25

Red stuff or green stuff

I ran EBC redstuff pads for a short while and what a huge mistake, couldnt wait to get back on ferrodos and when i did the EBCs were cracked and in several pieces. I gurantee you the DS2500's will not dissapoint!!!!
  89. SR-25

Small update:- JDM facelift headlights arrived today and quick sneaky pic :D Will be fitting at weekend hopefully
  90. SR-25

FN2 Mugen Civic Type R to be sold in the UK.........

I'd have a Evo X instead, but it does look nice
  91. SR-25

How do Julian, I've been looking at a set of spoon calipers on the CTRO forum for sale and i'm...

How do Julian, I've been looking at a set of spoon calipers on the CTRO forum for sale and i'm tempted to go for them as a much needed brake upgrade at a reasonable price. The problem i have with my standard calipers is the rods that supposedly pull the other pad in when pressure is applied...
  92. SR-25

buddyclub/hks

Sorry mate i don't make vids i just drive it
  93. SR-25

facelift headlights

Awesome i've defo seen your car before but didnt clock the headlights ill pop by one weekend. Werent you the guy at the feb meet who forgot to put the batteries in the microphone when we were all gunning it from that service station on the way to the pub? :lol:
  94. SR-25

facelift headlights

My facelift headlights will be here soon, did Cannock Honda do a good job? I am no where near good enough to have a go at doing them myself :)
  95. SR-25

buddyclub/hks

I don't have readings but it went a bit like this DCRH + Prospec W/O bung - Seriously loud DCRH + Prospec with bung - Still very loud exhaust tone smoothes out the quicker you go Standard + Prospec W/O bung - Still quite loud but easily tamed. Standard + Prospec Wit bung which i currently have...
  96. SR-25

2003 Integra Type R DC5

That's why i want a DC5. STUNNING!!!
  97. SR-25

dual halo projector lights

Cant say i like them i've had 8000k HID's in prefacelift headlights now waiting for my 6000k HID's and facelift lights :D
  98. SR-25

buddyclub/hks

You can get a the majority of your hand in the prospec. I strangely had a go when i was putting the bung in.
  99. SR-25

The black one was my inspiration :cool: I wish i was coming to the meet today you had the clio at the one i come to in Feb. Love the new car!!!
  100. SR-25

FN2 a in st focus's

Kpro is the silent killer and a majority of EP3 owners local to me know it now.
Back