• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Championship White

What's it worth?

Thinking of selling my Championship White. 59 plate 2009, 11,000 miles, Sunshades, Boot liner, Dashboard sun cover, Tailored seat covers, Fabric bumper loading protector, immacualte condition throughout, garaged always. I am the only keeper. No dents, no paint. I have looked on Autotrader...
  2. Championship White

noise when pulling away

Phoned Honda yesterday. I asked them what they found when it went in for service. They said it was a clicky clutch pedal - never heard it myself!! Pedal is now making new noise because they have tried to grease it apparently - idiots. They are replacing the pedal box. I have to bring it in again...
  3. Championship White

noise when pulling away

Cars only done just under 8K miles. Run it in as per Honda recommends. Took it really steady :confused:
  4. Championship White

noise when pulling away

My FN2 started doing it about two months ago. The wife mentioned it when she took it for its first service at Perth Honda the other day. She said they are replacing something and the pedals need to come out!!! A bit vague to say the least! I will post what they did when it has been done at the...
  5. Championship White

JUM FN2 Type R from Turkey

Very nice! Pics are awesome :cool: Where's the Type R badge on the rear of one of your pics?
  6. Championship White

JDM Wind Deflectors

Give this company a call www.tapes-direct.co.uk I had a 4x4 before the CTR which needed tape because they kept dropping down. The guy on the phone advised me and supplied me with tape that was resistant to water and the cold. Once I applied the tape they didn't budge. If you have not already...
  7. Championship White

EP3 FN2 test drive thread

I have owned my FN2 now for three months. Over the years I have had loads of hot hatches including 205 GTI, 5 Turbo, XR3i, Astra GTE etc. IMO the FN2 is as much a real drivers car as any of them. Obviously cars have moved on and with every new model they are improved in all areas. Honda have...
  8. Championship White

FN2 Checking Oil

Does anyone know the best time to check engine oil? Am I right in saying a few minutes after the engine has been up to normal operating temperature? I have heard mixed opinions and just want to clarify :confused:
  9. Championship White

Insurance renewal misery...Help!!!

Try Choice Quote. I used to have them for my bikes and prices were cheap as chips. I currently have mine now with Tesco £302 - Have full NCB and nearly knocking 40 though :( www.choicequote.co.uk Ring up and speak to them if you don't get it cheap online. They will ask you how much you have...
  10. Championship White

possible previous repair/accident??

If it's had a deep scratch or a tiny dent then they may have filled it using only a small amount of filler. Enough to see but no enough to hear when tapping. What I would do is take it to an approved body shop and ask their advice - won't cost you anything plus will save any embarrassment at...
  11. Championship White

my new ATR

Years ago I had a 2.2 Rover as a company car for a short while. Is the ATR basically the same? Just curious. Car looks really nice mate.
  12. Championship White

Wonder Wheels

Nice one dude :smt023 5 litres on its way
  13. Championship White

Wonder Wheels

Wheres best place to buy Bilberry? Well impressed with that
  14. Championship White

Wonder Wheels

Thanks guys. Only just clocked 1100 miles as of yet so the dirt isn't too bad on the inside of the rims. Should just wipe off. Thought there may be a way to do it without taking them off the car Definitely going to buy some wheel sealant though. Never knew it existed.
  15. Championship White

Wonder Wheels

Any recommendations for wheel cleaning products on CW painted alloys - Apart from soap and water. Got some wonder wheels kicking about but frightened to use it as it states may affect finish on chrome studs :eek: Also any tips for getting access to clean inside of rims without taking wheels...
  16. Championship White

Got a Jazz courtesy car.....

Sounds like you dropped a bo***ck then :lol:
  17. Championship White

FN2 Scraped Windscreen

Shoot the bas***d who scratched it and steal his wallet. Then dowse him in petrol whilst reverse v-tecing over his head. Man, if someone did that to my wheels I would knock the f**k out of them. CTR owner 2 - petrol attendant 1
  18. Championship White

FN2 Dashboard cleaner

Which is the best dashboard cleaner? I like my dash matt not gloss. I normally use Armour All orange cleaning wipes but in the CTR they seem to streak - mostly on the shelf above the central air vents. What products / materials do you use? Any advice would be great.
  19. Championship White

FN2 What is your fav fn2 colour

Not cream in the flesh. I looked on the internet before I purchased mine. I thought too that it seamed really cream white. In the daylight it is brilliant white - unless my old eyes are deceiving me LOL
  20. Championship White

FN2 Keeping rear wheel arch plastic trim clean

It's that time of year again when you just can't keep the car looking clean (unless you have red or sliver). Me, like most on here will wash their cars at the very least, once a week. After owning my CW now for a few weeks. I can now fly round and wash and dry pretty quick. Problem that I have...
  21. Championship White

Speed Camera Locators...Any Advice?

Think it means fixed locations where Police use their mobile traps. Updatable meaning you can attach it to your computer 24 hours a day to receive the latest updates. And available to add your own known points where you feel there may be a trap lying in the midst :evil:
  22. Championship White

Speed Camera Locators...Any Advice?

Mate has one of these. He swears by it. A bit flimsy but you get 12 months free subscription and updates. Worth a try at £6.95 :smt047...
  23. Championship White

FN2 Window tinting

Lime green:lol::lol::lol::lol: Dude, firstly the Sub is a complete styling disaster anyway and that's without the green wheels. Then, the second Civic. It must be worth about £30 tops although devalued with the green wheels. Then the Nissan, look closely at the plastic carbon on the mirrors...
  24. Championship White

FN2 Headlamp protectors

Have you any pics Evl?
  25. Championship White

FN2 Headlamp protectors

Anyone know where I can buy headlamp protectors from? Had them on previous cars but always bought from dealers. Honda don't seem to supply for CTR.
  26. Championship White

FN2 Window tinting

Sunshades are the best option then? Did you get any shades for yours Neil?
  27. Championship White

FN2 Ideal shifting point

Would two standard cars be the same then?
  28. Championship White

FN2 Comfort and 19" Wheels?

Has anyone got 19" wheels on FN2? If so do they compromise comfort significantly compared with 18". Saw some today and I was surprised how good the extra inch looked. Would the extra inch improve handling or road feedback. I do know that they are a costly option - going down the Honda route...
  29. Championship White

FN2 Window tinting

Post some pics when it's done.
  30. Championship White

FN2 Window tinting

Go for sunshades dude ;)
  31. Championship White

FN2 White mags on a Night Hawk Black FN2

I love the white wheels on the NHB quality :smt023 White one's seem to fill the arches more than green IMO.
  32. Championship White

FN2 Sunshades

Have you tried getting discount from your Honda dealer Neil? They knocked quite a bit off the purchase price for me. Although I bought the CW only a couple of days previous to the shades. I asked if I bought more stuff would they give me discount? I spoke to the parts guy and he said yes. Might...
  33. Championship White

FN2 Bonnet Protector and Bumper Bootlip Protector

Rewind!! Started to fit protector - Fitting pack supplied had all the wrong bits! Phoned dealer in Australia he said "sorry mate, sh*t happens" refunded all my money back onto card. Don't know what to do? Do I run around trying to get alternative fixings? Or just bin it?
  34. Championship White

FN2 Red footwell lighting.

Does 09 GT spec have ipod connection?
  35. Championship White

FN2 So, Type-r Championship is not seen as a good idea?

How are you liking your CTR now then?
  36. Championship White

Got protector from garage in Perth Australia although they didn't have it in stock. They had it shipped over from Eastern Australia to Perth. I asked them if they (or other Honda dealers) would consider posting to europe, they said it would be no problem just get in touch. Try garages in Sydney...
  37. Championship White

FN2 Red footwell lighting.

Standard on CW too
  38. Championship White

FN2 FN2 car mats????

Calm down folks. We are talking about a set of bloody mats. Everyone has there own opinion - I mean check out lime green wheels, what's that about!! Not my cup of tea but hey each to their own :lol:
  39. Championship White

FN2 FN2 car mats????

Honda's own mats, designed for the CTR. They seem to be pretty good quality and look really nice. I also got Honda's rubber mats for when the weather get's bad. Don't know how much they are though. I got both sets thrown in with the deal.
  40. Championship White

FN2 Keyed !!!!!

Sorry to hear about your car fella. Worse than the scum of the earth. Did you park in a bad area?
  41. Championship White

FN2 New to type r

Don't think you can tell just by looking at them on picture. Best thing to do is, put your lights on when dark. First you will see your side lights, they will look like usual lights. Then turn on main beam - the colour of the lights are sharper, almost blue colour. If the colour stays the same...
  42. Championship White

FN2 South African Type R

Cool car. Looks really nice. Is slip diff standard on SA model?
  43. Championship White

My New CTR GT CW

Away on business and haven't got access to any pics (would ask the wife but she doesn't do PC's :( As soon as I come back I will post them on. I was really impressed with them, You can't see inside. The only difference to having black glass is a line down the middle of the window (they come in...
  44. Championship White

My New CTR GT CW

Sunshades work a treat for lower glass tint issues
  45. Championship White

Those are bonnet bra's dude. They are a fabric cover that fits over the bumper and lower part of the bonnet. When you take them off, if any dirt gets in-between the fabric and the paintwork it scratches the heck out of it. They used to be popular years ago for VW Beetles. Bonnet protectors are a...
  46. Championship White

Car has baby dinks in paint work

I second that buddy. People don't seem to care about anything anymore. My kids are told to respect things not only their own but other peoples stuff too. I was brought up that way. Shame society is losing those moral values.
  47. Championship White

We should all meet up and park in a circle LOL Parent and child spaces rule! My Dad's the same, we went out in his car a couple of months ago and he parked his new Kuga in a parent and child space. I said "you can't park here it's a parent and child space" he replied "well you are my child" but...
  48. Championship White

Hi im new and these are our 2 Type R's

Some smart pics there dude. You happy with the car then?
  49. Championship White

I am totally obsessed with door dinks. Check the car every night when the wife comes in from work. She actually parks in the corner of her car park to avoid getting a heavy handed neighbour. When we park up when were out I have to park as far away from others as poss. The kids and wife hate me...
  50. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Thank you
  51. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Pics of my car - love it
  52. Championship White

What do you think of the carbon inserts for the dash? Can't make my mind up. Any thoughts?
  53. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Well guys that's that. Came home from work, had a couple of hours with the kids. Ate my tea, went into the garage and admired my new purchase. Wife had a day off today - done 70 Bl*$dy miles. Weren't many flies and no more stone chips on the bonnet. Couldn't resist could I? Thought i'd have a...
  54. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Got my first stone chip on bonnet yesterday and that's without iVTEC :( Going to dealers and buying touch up in the morning. When I was driving about on Saturday, it was really windy. Couldn't believe that the CTR was not affected by it at all! Never known a car like it and I have owned nearly...
  55. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Finding it really hard to hold back.The anticipation of VTEC is killing me - torture :twisted: Ride is so involving even at a snails pace.
  56. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

At last she's arrived!!!!! Absolutely stunning. Really pleased with it. I have had loads of cars including Sub but I think out of all of them this tops the lot. Was going to come home, picture it and post it straight away - couldn't stop driving though. Haven't took it past 5 thou was really...
  57. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Should be worth the wait. Fingers crossed
  58. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Still not got it :( Had to go down to Dumfries to sort an electrical problem another spark failed to do. I was bloody fuming - didn't get back till 19.15. Anyway I definitely collect her at 09.00 in the morning. Told my Director good and proper!
  59. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Will let you know ;)
  60. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Gutted, car not arrived at dealers :( Got delivered at 16.30. Promised tomorrow. Anyway, suppose it was a result in the end. Lending the wife the van tomorrow - I go to work in the part ex. Pick the car up on my own! She said she wants to go out for tea to a pub we know down some cool country...
  61. Championship White

Pick up new CTR tomorrow

Hopefully pick up CW tomorrow! Dealer phoned me today to say it's being delivered in the morning ready to collect at teatime. Seat covers turned up from Capital Seating this morning. Bought shed loads of Meguiar's products on Saturday (converted from Autoglym after trying a few free samples)...
  62. Championship White

FN2 Seats

Why change?
  63. Championship White

FN2 Wind deflectors

Skeleton Ops did you have a problem? Did you have to snap a centimetre off?
  64. Championship White

FN2 Sunshades

Shouldn't be able to see the line with i-vtec at full steam LOL
  65. Championship White

FN2 Wind deflectors

Just ordered a pair of deflectors from Climair £58.67 with postage. They were a bit cheaper from the ebay shop but they were coming from Germany. Best to know someone who already has in my opinion. Thanks for the information :)
  66. Championship White

FN2 Wind deflectors

I want some wind deflectors for CW. I have seen a supplier on ebay called eternal car. Has anybody had any dealings?
  67. Championship White

FN2 Sunshades

Thanks for that buddy. Sold to the newbie in the corner
  68. Championship White

FN2 Sunshades

Does anyone have pictures of sunshades on FN2? Picking CW up on Tuesday and can't make my mind up 'to get or not to get' that is the question. Are they a good alternative to privacy glass? :confused:
  69. Championship White

Has anyone seen a bonnet protector for FN2? I went on Honda Australia website last night and found one. Contacted my dealer. He says they don't do it in UK. Phoned Honda direct - no use. I am going to Australia in two weeks time to see family and thought I could maybe bring one home. I also...
Back