• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Shaky_monkey

DC2 DB8 DC5 Best Sale Site

Where is the best place to sell an Integra Type R? Obviously I want to avoid tyre kickers etc so don't want to sell on eBay, auto Trader etc. Is there a dedicated to their sale? Looking forward to hearing from you. TIA
  2. Shaky_monkey

Our Integra Type R

Proper wheels on her new but they are black. They do suit though so will probably keep them that way.
  3. Shaky_monkey

Rear Brake Calipers

Thank you but as I said mine is a 96 spec JDM. This is for a 98 UKDM which I assume is different. Thanks anyway!
  4. Shaky_monkey

Rear Brake Calipers

Hi again, I have now got a problem with my rear brake calipers. The rear brakes kept sticking on so I took the car to my local friendly neighbourhood mechanic. He had a look and said that my brake calipers are no good.:mad: I have been quoted £320 each for new calipers from his supplier. I...
  5. Shaky_monkey

Gearbox?

Update The NEW £2800 gearbox that I had fitted has developed a problem now!! It grinds into 5th gear when at 7,000 + revs! I took the car back to the Honda dealership and they changed the gearbox oil but it seems to have made no difference! The gears change smoothly from 4th to 5th every...
  6. Shaky_monkey

Gearbox?

Gearbox update!!! Thanks for all your comments. Unfortunately, I had to end up taking it to my local Honda dealer to have a look at it. They stripped it down and found that the LSD was jamming and also the 1st and 2nd syncro hubs (?) were stiff and not allowing smooth changes. I went into...
  7. Shaky_monkey

Gearbox?

It's the gearbox! Our friendly local mechanic had a fiddle while it was on the ramps and got the 5 forward gears working but he advices taking it to the Honda dealership to get them to strip it down and have a proper look. Probable cost £1500 plus parts!! Ouch!! Legal issues now regarding...
  8. Shaky_monkey

Gearbox?

Thanks for taking the time for your answers. A little more info on the problem. When we got the car, the gearbox felt very tight and a little stiff, put that down to the fact that the car had only done around 22,000 miles. When it started to play up, it would not go into 3rd, then did not...
  9. Shaky_monkey

Gearbox?

We picked up the Integra from London on Friday afternoon, drove all the way back to Dorset-no problems. Yesterday I was driving it and all of a sudden with no warning I couldn't select 3rd gear, then couldn't get first! The strange thing is that when I put it in neutral the whole car shakes...
  10. Shaky_monkey

Our Integra Type R

Thanks for the nice comments guys Just finished work and logged on quickly before I get on the old superdream and go home (in the dark!). Cheers for the welcome and comments to my better half (she found this forum and set us up on it). We have not yet picked the car up, that is this Friday...
  11. Shaky_monkey

Our Integra Type R

It is a mugen exhaust-well spotted! Oh well, the wheels for have to stay for now!
  12. Shaky_monkey

Our Integra Type R

Oh! They're what was on it when we bought it! It's a Japanese import-does this make a difference?
  13. Shaky_monkey

Our Integra Type R

What's wrong with the wheels???:mad:
  14. Shaky_monkey

Our Integra Type R

Here she is! :D
Back