• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Jevs

Basic sound system upgrades

I'll look to install under the seats then, thanks guys. Don't really fancy putting 6x9's in though, i'd like to keep it looking as standard as possible, and I don't want the sound to be coming from behnd me, you know? Is it a nightmare changing the components? Looks like the cards will have...
  2. Jevs

Basic sound system upgrades

I've got en EP3 Civic, and I've put an aftermarket head unit in (can't remember the model right now). The unit's designed as a base for a big ICE system, so has a rubbish built in amp. That's causing the unit to clip a lot of the sound, cutting bass and distorting treble. I don't fancy buying a...
  3. Jevs

EP3 front brakes

I'll give that a go then, thanks!
  4. Jevs

Just got a quote for my 75k service

Wow, that is good! I paid about £600 for mine, but I asked to make it the biggest they did!
  5. Jevs

EP3 front brakes

Mine squeak sometimes under light braking, and I was told my pads were binding on the disks. I took them both apart and noticed one pad had worn loads more than the rest. I've changed all the pads, so i'm monitoring wear rates, but the squeaking is soooo annoying!
  6. Jevs

pull off creak

My EP3 creaks on pull off too, but I suspect it might be the clutch cable as it does it when I let out the clutch. I'll definately try tightening and lubricating the suspension mounts, i'll let you know how I get on.
  7. Jevs

Lowering advice!

Thanks Hasnic. I assume a decent set of springs and shocks will improve my tracking, but is there a need to lower? I guess what i'm asking is; is it worth the money you pay for the springs? Or is the stock setup with a FRSU a better idea? Maybe a better option is an FRSU on stock, then...
  8. Jevs

Which exhaust for sound and performance

Very nice twin, thanks James. I've heard good things about Buddyclubs from Teggy drivers, what's the low down on them? Also, what's a good header to go for? I've heard a 4-2 is good?
  9. Jevs

Lowering advice!

The FRSU sounds like it's worth getting, any ideas where I can get one 'Daaaan Saaaafff'? On the lowering front, is this worth doing on a road going CTR? Like Samg, I use mine every day, but I do corner like a loon (mainly because i'm busy keeping up with my mate's bikes).
  10. Jevs

A little ETD advice

Haha, it totally feels like that sometimes! 'Hi, i'd like an updated quote on my car, I just changed the windscreen wipers'. I was a bit naughty with my old 106 and never declared the suspension mods or the induction kit, but I know people who have done much worse! On the ETD front, I take it...
  11. Jevs

Which exhaust for sound and performance

The RM01A seems to be the most loved here! Anyone got any ideas on what kind of power gains it gives? Does the ECU need remapping for the 'zorst? And is there a twin pipe option? I'm not big on the single tailpipe look.
Back