• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. DerbyForget

ep3 safe cruising revs/speed

safe revs for extended times are 8000rpm in 3rd along the motorway i believe??? could be wrong
  2. DerbyForget

slight engine ticking noise

+1 on tickover a slight tapping is normal as its the high pressure injectors should dissappear under load. valve clearance adjustment should solve this :) I wouldn't worry too much
  3. DerbyForget

Disabling car? theft concerns.

to be quite honest i think you are worrying about nothing really, dont quote me on this but i believe all EP3's are fitted with a CAT1 alarm system and immobiliser as standard... this means that short of the car thieves actually getting your car keys there isnt much they are going to be able to...
  4. DerbyForget

type r lights

Do you mean those Ultra Brilliance bulbs??? if so you can pick them up from halfrauds for around £20 per bulb! super expensive for a bulb which is no more resilient to blowing than any other if you ask me, not sure on thier performance as ive never had any HTH
  5. DerbyForget

60,000mile Wear and Tear

you would actually be better off removing the filler bolt (at the top) as it is designed to be "fill to spill" so you would get a more accurate indicator of the level. if you check the drain bolt it could still be low and you wouldnt know otherwise. if you remove the top bolt and no oil spills...
  6. DerbyForget

What size and brand for best performance?

can only comment on a road tyre but i run on AVON ZZ3's and find them fantastic! unbelievable levels of grip in the dry and very good levels in the wet to be honest. never let me down yet and have always felt very safe and solid taking fast corners :) the only downside to this however is i think...
  7. DerbyForget

my new honda civic type r ep3 :DDDDD

i dont know if anyone else has mentioned this :P but get rid of the ghey stickers :S they look tacky IMO, return to standard with OEM badges and stickers etc. otherwise a tidy looking example :D never seen a sunroofed CTR before either :)
  8. DerbyForget

DerbyForget's NHB EP3

you may be thinking of the reinforcement panel that runs across the top of your rad. its commonly and incorrectly refered to as the slam panel. the slam panel is infact the bar/ large bracket that is welded to your chassis behind your bumper, the rad is mounted to it and headlights etc mine is...
  9. DerbyForget

DerbyForget's NHB EP3

I dont know if you have noticed from the photos but the bonnet isnt quite sitting right and is in fact bent. So the first task is going to be to replace the slam panel, picking one up this weekend and will get it welded in by a local garage. I am also paying a visit to a certain CTRO member who...
  10. DerbyForget

DerbyForget's NHB EP3

Firstly some pics of from Sept 10 when ^Joe detailed her :) -
  11. DerbyForget

DerbyForget's NHB EP3

Hi all, I have been on the forum a while now and thought it time to create a thread about my NHB CTR. I have owned it for just under a year and it has been a joy... (most of the time) Firstly let me introduce you to my previous cars :- First one... a 1L 12v Vauxhall Corsa Nice little...
  12. DerbyForget

fitting front engine mount

yeah thanks for that... hope your suspension geo isn't out
  13. DerbyForget

hah nah it's because I worked on it around joe's house and he whipped out the camera to get pics of the unravelling disaster :P wow I suppose they are put under alot of strain under VTEC conditions hah
  14. DerbyForget

as you can see that's the front end of my car in pieces lol when it came to unbolting the subframe they were REALLY tight! and through fear of shearing one... I opted on the long way round.. it was an absolute PITA but feels so much better now the new mount and inserts are in :) just need to...
  15. DerbyForget

ok mate shudnt be a problem, what points should I use for axle stands then? obviously not the subframe so, I'm thinking lower control arms???
  16. DerbyForget

right... got it! cheers mate :) this has really helped and i feel alot more confident doing the job now. shall update when the jobs complete, yeah haven't got the faf of the exhaust on the front just the cramped workspace due to the rad! haha can't wait to get it sorted and VTEC once more...
  17. DerbyForget

cheers griff :) great advice, when you say mark the bolts do you mean with a piece of chalk for torque purposes? or just so the same ones go into the same holes? can it affect my supsension geometry by removing the subframe?, i replaced the rear mount on saturday just gone and ended up...
  18. DerbyForget

as the title states my front engine mount has split and I will be replacing it on Saturday, I have read the somewhat limited guide in the how to section and just had a couple of questions for those of you out there that have done the job... firstly which is the easiest way to do this is it to...
  19. DerbyForget

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

hmm okay will try work that out then from an online valuation... yes the stamp missing is somewhat annoying, it think its because the vehicle was unused for some time which is reflected in the MOT history and the owner at the time obviously didnt realise Servicing is done on a time basis and not...
  20. DerbyForget

just out of interest how much would my CTR be worth people? its a NHB 54 reg (2004), 62,000 miles, part service history ( 1 stamp missing ), cat d, a/c?
  21. DerbyForget

strange rattle between 1000-3000 RPM

I have just replaced the top left mount as it was starting to go, but i will look at the others now also, thankfully they are not as expensive as that one... will look at getting the mount inserts aswel if they need replacing :) cheers hippy
  22. DerbyForget

Yeah I will take the cat heatshield off and see if the rattle goes away, I'm not sure how much the exhaust actually moves under acceleration but I suppose it could be that. will I will be okay leaving it off then?... cheers Joe :) think I might be paying you a visit on Saturday morning then...
  23. DerbyForget

ah sorry guys I did mean to mention that I have spacered my iVtec cover so it's definately not that either :S wish it were that simple... it's really got me at a loss
  24. DerbyForget

Right here is the situation, the fault is as stated in the title... its definately not the driveshaft heatshield as i have removed it and rattle persists, ive also had the car up on the ramps at work tonight and checked all exhaust heatshields etc they are all secure and cannot see it being...
  25. DerbyForget

yeah good point, i will definately be getting a full HPI check on the next car i buy... i do like my type R and enjoy it but i think i rushed into buying it, wish i had of shopped around and took my time a bit more as i could have gotten a better one for the money, just done an MOT history check...
  26. DerbyForget

I didn't realise that! I though it was more closely monitored and policed, like you say through that computer system, so is there anyway to find the genuine mileage of a vehicle? HPI check etc? I suppose the only real way to combat it would be to be absolutely certain of a cars history before...
  27. DerbyForget

ahh I see... a joke :) heh I realised after I posted it that all MOT test stations have a computer record of mileage for each registration of vehicle so doing something like that would be impossible anyhows. so why would you want to buy one??? being my next question :P
  28. DerbyForget

Oil questions and recommendations here

just received my order from www.opieoils.co.uk and would like to say what a fantastic service :) super fast delivery... only 2 days from ordering and a brilliant discounted price. I purchased 5L of Shell Helix ultra fully synthetic 5w40 (engine oil) + 2L Millers 75w80 transmission oil for...
  29. DerbyForget

hmm... although slightly illegal I'm sure, but you probably would pull it off as the car is in such mint condition :)
  30. DerbyForget

October 2004 (54 Plate) 61,600 Miles - below average, however it is about the only redeeming feature about the car, the engine, as the bodywork has not been looked after previously... and is now costing me a bomb to rectify! I can vouch for that :-) she does pull like a 'gudden' a real...
  31. DerbyForget

New Tyres, AVON ZZ3's

Great recommendation! the tyres I want are listed at £73 :) on www.camskill.co.uk, thanks pal
  32. DerbyForget

New Tyres, AVON ZZ3's

well the time has come for me to get 2 new front tyres, I want to get some Avon ZZ3s as they are the ones currently fitted and i really like the amount of grip they give in both the dry and wet. I have shopped around as much as I can, Internet, local garages etc and the cheapest price I can find...
  33. DerbyForget

Removal Of Front Wing

a Haynes manual never goes a miss :) despite the fact that they don't do one for the Type R, the edition they do for the EP2 covers a vast majority of the jobs that you can do on the EP3 as they are practically the same car when it cones to how they were manufactured. so especially things like...
  34. DerbyForget

do i need a scuttle plate insert for a tegiwa box??

if I were in your shoes now I would just send it off to simon bell, he is on CTRO under the username Simonb or you can email him at [email protected]. he will mod your scuttle for you for the small sum of £26.50, will save you alot of time, money and effort, as I spent around £40 alone on the...
  35. DerbyForget

do i need a scuttle plate insert for a tegiwa box??

to be honest mate i wouldnt bother, i myself bought a tegiwa air intake about a week ago and just modded my own scuttle panel that way it will be rattle free. i would imagine the scuttle they suppy is much the same as the one supplied by GM and will be really "rattely" if there is such a word...
  36. DerbyForget

NHB EP3 Detail - Derby Forget Forza pro

yer no stripping of parts required, just make sure you mask off the discs and anything else you dont require to be red :) then a nice thin brush and steady hand is all thats required. to get a good finish make sure you do 2 coats with a half an hour between painting them
  37. DerbyForget

Fault list after first mechanical check-up.

1. if there is play in the sliders i would imagine this can be taken away with new pins. i cant think that you would need new calipers. 2. a decat exhaust system is short for saying the catalytic converter has been removed... and yes this would result in an MOT failure on emmisions as the...
  38. DerbyForget

ep3 pwer gain wanted please advise

hmm your probably going to have to spend close to the £2000 mark to get 220+bhp which to me seems like a waste of money. N\A engines are notoriously difficult to get more power out of. especially the K20A2 as its producing nearly 100bhp per litre already! my personal opinion has always been...
  39. DerbyForget

MOT Fail :(

sounds like they had you there mate, those jobs you just listed are very simple rectified by a qualified mechanic. as far as the speedo sensor goes i would have said leave it on until it actually stops working as just a crack in the casing is only cosmetic. at larger garages you will find the...
  40. DerbyForget

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

im not too sure about the bronze mate, cant quite make my mind up about it, definately different :) i think matt black would look good on satin, especially with the red calipers behind. would look mean as! but its quite common though. i say stick with them see if they grow on you
  41. DerbyForget

NHB EP3 Detail - Derby Forget Forza pro

Joe, top marks mate!! 10/10 would recommend to anyone... what a fantastic job :) so pleased with it! its like a completely new car heh the pics look great too, well worth the time and money :) the pictures really dont do justice to how good it looks 10 times better. Thanks alot mate. well...
  42. DerbyForget

Rattling noise on startup and deceleration

:-) HAHA surely your not implying honda dealerships are not reputable??? LOL they are however a last resort as they will empty your wallet just by looking at it... In reply to your question TyprRiter looks like you answered it yourself, get it on some ramps and have a good look underneath...
  43. DerbyForget

Loud click - FN2 Type R

what size are you wheels if you dont mind me asking? if they are 18" or larger it might be the wheels fouling the arch, getting caught momentarily of a bit of plastic?? possibly. hope this helps
  44. DerbyForget

Steering rack or clutch release bearing or gearbox?????????

doubt it has anything to do with the brakes as the noise isnt under braking... and actually goes away under braking. it would be rare for a bearing to only make a noise when turning right, and they usually make a high pitch squealing noise, its funny how you talk about a brake drum because i had...
  45. DerbyForget

sounds like a scraping noise of some kind, is it coming from any particular area of the car? e.g front RH wheel station? etc its got to be coming from a localised area
  46. DerbyForget

only just realised how many time i used the phrase 'to be honest' haha i must be a pretty honest person lol
  47. DerbyForget

aye, well its royal electrical mechanical engineer but close enough :) is it me or can anybody else 'not' hear anything from that video??? to be honest pal if it only makes the noise when you turn right... and only on turning right it has got to be a steering fault, its hard to diagnose from...
  48. DerbyForget

What do you think of these????

my personal opinion is they look naff, bit too tacky for my liking, but each to thier own and if you like them go for it :)
  49. DerbyForget

yeah i thought it was an open diff myself :) no worries mate, are u forces then? or just work at land rover? lol im a VM in the reme
  50. DerbyForget

are you sure the CTR EP3 is fitted with an epicyclic differential??? :S
  51. DerbyForget

FN2 Air Filter

http://www.performance-filters.co.uk thats where ive ordered mine from :) K&N replacement panel filter, paid just over £50 for it and if you order before 12 PM next day delivery
  52. DerbyForget

Headlight Bulbs

Not sure about a code but, if you get the bulb from your local halfords, there will be a book available so you can select the correct bulb for your car :) hope this helps
  53. DerbyForget

Why buy a CTR??

you do realise this thread is over 10 months old? i would imagine the insurance is cheaper as it is placed in a lower insurance bracket, all sorts of information go towards making a decision on what insurance bracket a car is placed in, they mainly take the data collected on the vehicle...
  54. DerbyForget

Advice needed please!

a full service history is very desirable when buying a car, especially if all the servicing is done by the dealership, even better. getting it done by another reputable garage is still okay, make sure they stamp you book, and as far as the warranty is concerned you have to make sure that all...
  55. DerbyForget

Any young CTR drivers?

well i quite like my face and dont want it to be taken anywhere so i shall stay honest with my insurance company and hope that with a good talking to they see sense and give me a premium of £300 :) hmmm aint gona happen... will def look at a different company when i renew however
  56. DerbyForget

Any young CTR drivers?

oh are they a different company all together.. i thought you meant you had just taken the insurance out directly with adrian flux lol, yeah ive heard that before aswell, need to start saying i do a different job by the sounds of it!!! will look them up, cheers mate
  57. DerbyForget

Any young CTR drivers?

eh??? do i live in a rough area or ******!!! or du they just pick random numbers out the air for your premium. i keep the car in a secure compound over night also due to being in the army :S the mind boggles... think i may have to phone them and ask what they are playing at
  58. DerbyForget

Any young CTR drivers?

22, 3 years NCB, 0 points, £1506 fully comp with adrian flux... expensive compared to some others in this post :(
  59. DerbyForget

Insurance what does it cost you???

22, 3 years NCB £1506 :( with Adrian Flux who i have heard are a good company however not needed to use them yet... cross fingers i wont have to either. i drive a 54 plate standard EP3 :)
  60. DerbyForget

replacing headlight

hi, is there anyone that knows how to replace the headlights on an ep3? is it a bumper off job? i also need to adjust the fitment of the n/s front wing as it is fouling the drivers door so could do this as im replacing the headlight. as im sure everyone else is aware there is no haynes manual...
  61. DerbyForget

Sorry didnt get a Type R

I would be embaressed driving a Z4, absolute hairdresser's car! might be faster than an EP3 but god does it look hideous, especially the soft top... EP3 ftw! :)
Back