• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

FK2 R+ mode

I had it on over the Brecon Beacons but the roads are like a race track not a single pot hole. But will be Saving it for track days I think. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. M

new FK2

Looking great buddy. I know what you mean it so easy to get up to a silly speed but the car handles it so well. Enjoy her..... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. M

Track day Tyres - Yokohoma AD08 or Toyo R888's?

I have so much love for these tyres
  4. M

New car, R32 Golf, V6 ftw. Launch control vid PG13.

Whats the running costs of the car like?
  5. M

Really liking the video of the launch control too
  6. M

This is a picture of it so some of you Audi guys may know what year it was... This happened a few weeks after the new box was put in and a bus decides to cut you up and drag the car around the corner
  7. M

I was 99% sure it was an 04 but guessing it wasnt then. It had around 80,000 miles on it Loxy. All I know is it had that flappy paddle box in it and shortly after buying it in a private sale the box went and had to have it replaced. It wasn't the new shape the more rounded shape
  8. M

My mate had the DSG in his 04 RS6 it started to slip and the total cost was around £4k to repair, not a VW garage either so dread to think what it could have been with stealer costs
  9. M

I find them fine in the wet. Hitting standing water things can get a little iffy if your making up time but normal speeds, again I have had no issues with them. I was really shocked when I was on the M40 when all the snow came down at the start of the year and everyone was getting stuck which...
  10. M

I put 4 new AD08's on the car a month before I went to the ring last year done around 20 laps of the ring used them for around 10,000 miles on the road. Another track day at Silverstone, then thought I would change the fronts. So the rears are still on with plenty of life, the fronts had a...
  11. M

Im now on my second set of AD08's and will be buying a 3rd for the summer. Really rate them, never used 888's so cant comment on them. But I use AD08's as everyday tyres not just as track fun rubber.
  12. M

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Looking really good mate
  13. M

FD2 2007 57 plate FD2 Headlights

Cheers Loxy, The spec is posted in the forsale thread, Just in case you miss the line the new engine has only done 10k and clutch and fly around 5-6k parts were brought from TDI South and fitted by Honda. Engine work was completed by R-Motion and Clockwise Motion. I am open to offers. I want...
  14. M

My FD2 may be for sale ;-p, Its in the UK but I collected it from NI and still have the plate on it.
  15. M

I brought my FD2 from a guy in NI and he had his set to MPH
  16. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 suspiciously cheap DC5

£1500 getting to NI?? I picked up my FD2 from NI, Free lift to the airport by the mrs, Easyjet over to NI £50IIRC The ferry was around £150, one tank of fuel to drive the port and another 1.5 tanks to get me back home. I left my house at 5 in the morning for the airport was was back home with my...
  17. M

RenaultSport Clio 182 Trophy

I know he has the car back and its up and running as it should be. Really happy to hear when he got it back . But will leave the updates for Andy.
  18. M

Harv's BMW 135i *pics Page 7*

Currently looking at the 335i M Sport But now I may have a look at the 135i damn you
  19. M

350z GT. o hai dere, now forsale :(

Looks spot on, looking forward to the pics tomorrow
  20. M

350z GT. o hai dere, now forsale :(

Looking great. My mate just sold his Z in Blue (not sure of the proper name) and bought another in the orange colour. The Blue looked much better so was not sure why he did it until we went for a spin. Currently running a twin turbo setup around 430whp. The back end rarely stays in a straight...
  21. M

No VTEC????

FD2 it is then ;)
  22. M

Do you think I need to lower the FD2?

I would say keep it standard too... I agree with the above, too close to the arch.
  23. M

My NHB FN2

Here is the FD2 And before the carbon bonnet Enjoy
  24. M

My NHB FN2

Yarp the FD2 now and planning some big mods for it next year.... or maybe a M5 lol.... Even thought of SC route but back to keeping it NA (cheers Loxinton) :) I was going to mention you had them on your beast too. They are amazing brakes and stop you on a 50 pence piece. Will be good to hear...
  25. M

My NHB FN2

Hi buddy, I dont have this car anymore I sold it a while back but still should be able to answer it all for you. The stoptechs are great. There are now two options to pick from one is the set I had on my car and the other is a touring kit IIRC. From what I can remember they were around £1300...
  26. M

FD2 trying to look like a Evo X

Really like the straight like option. Agree it gives it a GP kit kind of look. Big thumbs up here
  27. M

Remote car starters

I can see what you are saying, Dont take my comments as me trying to argue or anything like that but just giving answers to ways around it. To stop people pinching your car while it was running. If I remote start my car from inside the house, the car will start and the doors will stay locked...
  28. M

d-cat

Fair enough, I was only going to what I was told by previous owner. I didnt own the car long enough to even care about mods.
  29. M

d-cat

Like mentioned about you cant 'chip' the car. It has the K-100 on this car. You would be better getting a K-Pro and your mods mapped now you are planning more mods on the car like removing the cat, new catback and inlet manifold etc. I dont know a lot about EP3's but I told you to keep an eye...
  30. M

Remote car starters

I wouldnt go leaving the car running in a public area or side road would just attract attention to it. Its only for the morning and the car is on private land so wouldnt see any issues with this. But agree with what you are saying that they will use any excuse not to pay out. I bet most...
  31. M

Remote car starters

I wasn't aware of the load issue... Will take a read on the website so cheers buddy. I think it all depends on what insurance company you go with and if they understand what you are trying to explain etc. After reading the post I feel a little better now too, I dont have a cat so wont block...
  32. M

Remote car starters

I have one, Ive had no issues with insurance. Its classed as a CAT 1 alarm. If you pay for a good alarm while the car is running if the alarm is triggered the engine should cut out. Install some other features like Blackjack and the theif wouldnt get far even with your keys. How is it not good...
  33. M

My CW FD2

Got the love for the car again.... vtec everywhere Zoom Zoom
  34. M

My CW FD2

So then here we go, I ordered a new carbon bonnet, JDM Mugen in Carbon..... Lovely Carbon. Here are the pictures. :cool: Sorry for poor quality pics. Good old phone snaps to the rescue.
  35. M

Looks stunning mate
  36. M

My driveway at the moment

It was the lower left bolt of the 4 which attach the heatshield onto the box. Trying to get hold of GM is a problem in itself. I have got some legal advise and I am now looking into the garage who supplied the item. GM is the main company at fault for obvious reasons (designing the box) but any...
  37. M

The GM intake was already on the car when I bought it. As far as I know Tegiwa dont do an intake for the FD2 either ;)
  38. M

Shocking and damn expensive.
  39. M

I could only wish for that to have happen. On the plus side it happened 10 mins from my house and not while I was driving around the ring.
  40. M

The details are not very impressive really, I came back from the ring and my engine went bang!! After a few hours of searching (you may remember the thread) where one bolt of the GM intake came lose, falling out into the head, then making it worse the spring washer coming off the bolt and...
  41. M

As above.... My FD2 is finally back after have a spanking new engine built and put back in. I had to take a picture of my drive as it looks for the time being. The annoying thing is no FD2 on Forza 4.... Grrrrrr
  42. M

Smashing her back doors in

Glad they are both ok mate, The focus.... well what a mess
  43. M

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

302 Miles from light on - fill up - light on again. This is on my EP3 I picked up on Friday, Only got 300+ now and again in the FD2
  44. M

Anyone been to the Nurbugring ?

Like mentioned above the roads around the Ring are fantastic, Take your car just remember to look in your mirrors and if you see something behind you coming up stay to the side and you will be fine. If you go as a passenger you will enjoy yourself but something in the back of your head will...
  45. M

GM intake help

This is the thing.... one of the bolts/nuts to attach the heat sheild on 'some early' designs were attached after the filter so nothing to stop the item from falling into the engine. This is what I have been informed and as soon as pictures are received I will post them up.
  46. M

GM intake help

Email sent. I think they will come back with a comment like that too but surely it's a design issue if there is a chance of a nut coming away.... Use a locking nut...? We will see. The email has been sent fingers crossed.
  47. M

GM intake help

A bolt in the intake for my FD2 has come off and was sucked into the block. Causing a rather expensive bill so want to tell them their design is well not the best! Lol Oh well upgrade time!!
  48. M

GM intake help

Hi guys, I need your help. I'm need to get hold of the people who make the GM intake. Does anyone know a phone number or an email address etc. I don't need to speak to the garage who sold me the item although I will be calling them tomorrow but need to speak to GM themselves. Any help would...
  49. M

Type R number 5. FD2 y0.

Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.
  50. M

Fuel Cut Off/ Inertia Switch were is it???

Yeah its on the glove box side of the car. Cant remember how to get to it but the above rings a bell.
  51. M

EPIC!!
  52. M

FD2 Some good FD2 pics

Here a few of my ones.
  53. M

FD2 Whats your opinions on the FD2 Type R?

Love my FD2... Thought I may miss my FN2 after selling it. Once I brought the FD2 I havnt wished for one second that I had my FN back.
  54. M

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Need to fill up every 4-5 days.
  55. M

Type R number 5. FD2 y0.

Dark wheels all the way... Looks great mate from the trial picture
  56. M

My CW FD2

Decided to have my wheels sprayed, I really liked the white wheels but a pain to keep clean.
  57. M

Body shop in Gloucester area?

Hi mate, Check out Body-tech in Gloucester, Go along Bristol road its behind the Linden tree. You go down the road after the Linden tree on the left (as if your driving away from town) They have done lots of work for me in the past and everything comes up looking 110%.
  58. M

My CW FD2

UPDATE!! So picked up the car today from my bodyshop. The car went in for a wheel colour change and this is how it came out looking like. The colour is gorgeous up close and this pic from my phone really does the car no justice at all. Some proper pics will be uplaoded soon.
  59. M

2007 CW FD2 - Update 22/01/12 Wheels and Grill Pg 12

Great update mate, I was going to upgrade my speakers just havnt got around to it yet. Like you im only going to upgrade the fronts and maybe try one of those under seat subs and see what they are like.
  60. M

My CW FD2

Cheers buddy, Really happy with the car. Although the mrs is not to keen on it but she has her micra so.... The cooling plate?? No lol. Really like the cooling plate too. Really sets off the bay I think.
  61. M

Is this the start of the big strip down ready for the new motor?
  62. M

My CW FD2

Awww I see... Suck squeeze bang blow.... Though you were going off topic there for a second. Will have to give Paul a quick call or PM and see what prices he can do. I sold my Flashpro with my FN2 wish I hadnt now. This will mean it will be my 3rd Flashpro I have had to buy. Still looking...
  63. M

My CW FD2

Yeah it is a decat..... But no flashpro. When I brought the car it had the Dastek Unichip. This is the description of it on their Website. " Unichip is a state of the art piggy-back ECU (Engine Control Unit), designed to optimise the tuning of your petrol car in harmony with your existing ECU...
  64. M

My CW FD2

I know I keep meaning to take them off.... haha Yeah Allen thats the one. Was a great drive back from NI to Dublin then back through North Wales... mmmm VTec
  65. M

My CW FD2

I didnt think a car could sound like that.... The sound always puts a huge smile on my face but its not too loud when going for a drive to the shops. The FD2 is fantastic and havnt missed my FN2 for one second yet.
  66. M

My CW FD2

Was looking to sell my FN2 but had no idea what to buy next, after looking at a few cars ive decided on the FD2. I found a great car on the owners forum. Had to drive over to NI to pick the car up but didnt mind too much as I got to look forward to the drive through North Wales when I arrived...
  67. M

CR-Z with a few little extras

That would be sweet.
  68. M

slight hesitation/jerky feeling whn staying around 2000 rpm

Cheers mate... Good luck with finding the problem
  69. M

slight hesitation/jerky feeling whn staying around 2000 rpm

I am getting somthing like this too but I have an FN2. One place replaced some sensor and it didnt clear it up. Becomes jerky and really annoys me I just end up sticking my foot down.
  70. M

Looking really good mate.... I think I like it better without the nut like you said free short shifter lol. Think I will go get myself one of these now then. Where is the best place to buy one?
  71. M

My NHB FN2

Ive had some more work done to the R FD2 cams fitted Mugen fuel rail fitted Mugen/ TDI cam cover And retune by Paul at TDI Its now 239bhp its just needing an exhaust manifold badly. So TODA here I come I think. This will then push me over the 240bhp which is what I want. Some pics
  72. M

Looking really good mate. Shame about the mani though.
  73. M

Are K series rocker covers all the same?

The FN2 cover also has some extra notches towards the back compared to the EP3 cover IIRC
  74. M

My 2007 FN2

No I havnt seen it but I heard there is a manifold sitting around TDI, I cant remember how I heard about this now if im honest. Looking forward to seeing the results though. Im off to TDI next Wednesday if the results are good I may have to order one before the old VAT goes up
  75. M

My 2007 FN2

Fenders will look great on the car mate..... Love the look of them. Ahhhh Loxy would this be the manifold which is sat at TDI North waiting to go on.
  76. M

My NHB FN2

:lol:
  77. M

My NHB FN2

Yeah I was at the Silverstone lap before the wing. My Fn2 was on the back row with the Mugen rear splitter. SO an update on the car. I have had a few things done to it now. Ive added the FD2 manifold, TDI North throttle body and Hondata flashpro with TDI North tune. I have also now moved...
  78. M

My NHB FN2

The colour to be honest im not 100% sure. I said to the bodyshop I would like a gunmetal colour and he got his son to make the colour up for me to what he thought I would like. Its really hard to explain the colour. The base wll be gunmetal with a little custom magic lol Thanks for all the...
  79. M

My NHB FN2

I thought it was time to add a quick build thread on here just so I can get some advise and feedback from people on TRO. Will keep it short for you all. I brought my NHB FN2 GT about 8 or so months ago its was standard apart from a few up grades. iPod connection, window tints, bass works...
  80. M

Mugen Wing Fitted

No at the moment I have the GP Splitter on the front. I need to look into the front bumper/ skirt. to see if the front can be brought like the back..... You can either buy the full rear bumper (1part) or the lower skirt (2parts) the skirt is quite abit cheaper so want to see if the front can be...
  81. M

Mugen Wing Fitted

Cheers mate...... Looking forward to seeing the red beast with the grill on as well. Will have to sort out a photo job mate of our cars then
  82. M

Mugen Wing Fitted

:) here it is all fitted...
Back