• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

1/4 mile info

hi all im going to be doing a couple of 1/4 runs this year and was just wondering what the best way to launch off the line, i've been told to hold it at 3000rpm and someone even said hold it at the limiter on idle (5500rpm) someone said its like a launch control.

the latter seeming to be the wrong idea.

before anyone says anything im am NOT a chav who wants to race on streets but i want to know for track purpose.

thanks

i think it largely depends on your tyres and how grippy they are. No point holding at even 3k RPM if your wheels are just going to spin.

I always seemed to be quicker doing it naturally, waiting on the bite and getting the balance of power right.

Plus, those lights change super quick, just because they look like traffic lights they won't change like you will be expecting.

Try going on amber as by the time you move and get the car off the line the light will be green anyway.

I hate Santa Pod.

Cheers suit, thats alot of help I think ill try that holding on bite,

So there's no such thing as having launch control standard then?
Also what should a ctr with a tegiwa intake run 1/4 mile?

So there's no such thing as having launch control standard then?
Also what should a ctr with a tegiwa intake run 1/4 mile?
You can set launch control with a modified ECU such as KPRO, but it certainly isn't a standard feature.

I doubt the intake is going to make a huge difference in 1/4 times, I'd guess at high 14's (@ 95mph) depending on how well you get off the line.

Back