• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

18 year old, new driver, any ideas?

My younger bro is in for his test tomorrow, hopefully he'll pass. The thing is insurance (as per!). What is the cheapest insurance he can get, 3rd party only. He'll probably get a runabout for between £500 and £1000. Any of you know anyone just passed there test with prices???

It all depends on post code and car group Si.

For example fiesta 1.1 nice area TPFT I would say a premium of £700-£1k in a nice area.

Same car in a not so nice area would be +£1k.

One of our customers is 18 and drives a 1.1 205, he pays £1700 in a not so nice area. Pass plus is a good way of reducing the premium.

Yeah its a b1tch insuring a car for the first time especially if your a teenager :evil:

the answer - go on your parents policy, my insurance for the Civic 1.4i EK went down to £500 on my dads policy but insuring the civic by myself would cost me £2300 :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

Back