• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

3M Headlight Restoration Kit & Results

Decided to give it ago as the headlights needed some love, it comes with a drill attachment velcro pad and various grades, 500,800,3000, Polishing mop and compound, once i taped around the edges i got to work

heres the before during and after, took loads but narrowed it down.

Before :

During :

After :

Really pleased with the results, just need some long term protection now like PlastRx i believe

I orderd it from ebay £16 roughly , work an absolute treat, didn't press to hard just incase but think I can get them even better now I trust it more

Wow, great results! I may invest also, been meaning to do this for ages.

I think I'll also learn from your pictures and tape a sheet behind the light! That stuff went everywhere :lol:

yea that sheet only went there after the first go and realised my car had white freckles everywhere lol

Amazing results. Thought mine were still looking a bit dirty after cleaning my car the other day. Looked like they were steaming up. This an easy thing to do then? No need to take the lights off or anything? Literally just works on the outside of the light? lol - Sorry 21 questions! I'm a newb to proper car cleaning and I really want to take care of my new ride and things like this are so very helpful.

Yea first time I've tried it. Yea it's a 3m kit that works of a standard drill. Have three batteries with mine which I'm glad as it takes a few hours to do. No removing or anything just mask up and cover everything as it goes everywhere lol

thats the kit, same seller as well :) Plenty enough to do another set or re-do mine at a later date

Back