• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

99 Accord type r Water cooling system leak?

Hi. I found a leak in the radiator about TWO weeks ago. So i replaced it with a brand new radiator. Now the water in the expansion tank has gone down from maximum to minimum in a week. So topped it up again and same thing. Is this normal or isthere a leak. Where should i look? Any ideas would help:D

It's not an expansion tank, just a leak off bottle for the rad, keep an eye on it, would'nt worry to much at the moment

Dont worry about it too much, its normal, just make sure you keep an eye on it, and verify there isnt any puddles after the car as been driven and the parked for a while (or overnight)

Thanks for the speedy replies. I will keep an eye out for it. After driving when i turn the engine off and pop the bonnet i can hear a "drip, water running" sound. I suspected it was the water pump as there was no sign of water leaking outside the car.

Back