• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A number of issues with my EP3 - Any pro's out there!?

If I burp the system, won't the car start overheating with rad cap off?

do I keep adding coolant whilst the car is on?

Yeah as you see the coolant levels drop you add more leaving the cap off the whole time (from cold).

Bled the system... Starting to get hot air now.

Temp sits it's just over half but it's been like that.

Getting smoke/steam for engine bay. Could it be excess coolant burning off?

Is it smoke or steam?? Probably is coolant if it was spraying all over you earlier.

Temp at half way is pretty normal for a warmed up car.

If you can determine that it's steam and not smoke, take it for a short drive, couple miles. See what the bay looks like when you get back, if there's still steam or coolant sitting around you've more than likely got a leak to find.

Right problem number 35824:

Car struggles to start.. started happening when I put fuel in at BP. Around £30

Coolant sorted?

The fuel is likely irrelevant, just a co-incidence.

Check sparkplugs & coil packs. Check for condition of plugs & colour. Make sure the packs are giving the plugs spark, try to see if the sparks are of similar strength. Use the same plug in each coil for this test. If everything's good, move onto the fueling. Is the pump running & are all the injectors working correctly? If everything's still good, it's probably timing.

Get it on a diagnostic & see if there's any error codes lurking in the background too.

P0171 - O2 sensor lean detection
P0420 - o2 again (kind of)
P0443 - ECM voltage (could be lean condition again - or dodgy wiring somewhere)
P0113 - IAT (air intake temp) high voltage... Could be a dirty sensor or again, dodgy wiring shorting out.

Replace your o2 sensor for a start, get an OEM one and not an ebay special. Pull the sensor out of your intake, give it a good clean. Report back when both have been done.

Hmmmmmmm I've seen this motor before in Nottingham. Didn't swap it with a black Mazda 3 MPs did you??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh cool. Glad it's sorted. I'm not 100% that it's a championship white either. Sure the lad had it sprayed. Sorry to be a downer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a jdm ep3 by any means but it's been resprayed championship white.... wheels are going white tomorrow

That'd hopefully explain the lean condition.

If your fuel pump was blocked, I'd change your fuel filter ASAP. It's probably as clean as a night out in skemersdale.

Back