• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ABP Suspension Set Up

Hi All
I'm thinking of having the ABP fast road suspension set up done to my EP3 and wondered if anyone had already had it done and what it was like. It doesn't seem like a bad price but the car will never be used for track days so just wanted to get someones else's take on it.
I only really want the car lowered but have been told without the rear arms and front bolts being changed then having it set up, i will just scrub out the tyres.
Any help would be great
:confused::confused:

i havnt had mine done yet... but plan to at some point in the next few months

but everyone on here says a FRSU is one of the best mods you can do to your EP3 for the money
most people seem to use the Eibach springs (20mm drop) and they say it improves the ride as the springs are progressive. So think Ill be going for these also :)

Yes you will need rear arms and front bolts to adjust the camber as without the inside edges will wear more. Im sure someone will be able to provide the settings for the FRSU if you ask nicely :)

I was at ABP last week with my DC5 i run Sportline springs and had the FRSU done, cars on rails now, well worth it! the lads there are Top as well!

having a frs done will scrub your tyres anyway as they add camber to the wheels which will make your tyres wear uneven, if you want your tyres to wear as normal but want your car lowered then simly have it 4 wheel aigned to factory set up once its been lowered and settled, i would allways recomend a 4 wheel alignmet after you lower a car any way, your car may seem to drive fine but you could have a bit of toe in or out or positive or negative camber that you dont notice, always best to be safe

So, I can just get the springs put on then get it 4 wheel aligned and that will do it ??? Why am i being told i have to have the rear tow arms, the front bolts and the JDM tie bar and bushes as well then ?. I'm not bothered about the actual FRSU as I'll never track day it i just want it lowered because it looks better.

most people think that if your lowering a car you want it to handle better, lowering your car will naturaly give you negative camber, a 4 wheel alignment will correct that and put more of your tyre on the tarmac as so to speak, hence making your tyres wear more even. try shopping around for prices on 4wheel alignments as some places can be very expensive and theres no real need for such a cost, we have some mobile guys that come out and do our work and there fantastic, (before anyone starts saying that mobile 4 wheel alignment isnt any good then your wrong, these guys do most of yorkshire and its mainly main dealers inc vw/audi, honda, jct600's porsche/ferrari dealers, they also do alot of motorsport based companys, not to mention the guy who owns the company helped design and develope there equpment Super Tracker), we charge £65 for a check which inc and ajustments and a written report. the main dealers that they do work for charge there customers from £150 upto £380-(porsche) so it realy is worth shopping around

Eurobob is correct, lowering the car will give you some negative camber. It's unavoidable due to the way the suspension works.

What he's maybe forgetting is that if you just got a 4 wheel alignment afterwards all they could correct is toe as an EP3 you do not have the ability to adjust camber on the standard suspension.

Since you don't want, what is what you've stated for your needs, excessive negative camber, the minimum you will need is adjustable rear camber arms and front camber bolts. These will enable whoever does the setup to be able to correct the negative camber that the lower springs will give. Having the fast road setup is something that you sound like you don't want, but either way you still need the ability to adjust the camber to setup the geometry.

Honda tolerances on the geometry weren't brilliant from the factory and quite a few people have had excessive wear anyway, never mind on a car that has been on the road for a few years. If you are lowering the car, getting adjustable rear camber arms and camber bolts is all you need to correct it.

thanks loxy, i totaly forgot that he would need ajustable arms, i was trying to concentrate on my slightly small rant about 4 wheel alignments

Back