• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

access to window washer reservoir / filter / pump

Hi there,

From owning an S2000 and needing something a bit more practical I recently bought an 09 FN2 privately. After driving it for a while i realised the window washer jets didn't appear to be working properly and the water stank badly. I researched it online, getting all my info from the civic site as this one didn't have much on it regarding this issue. The problem is likely to be the reservoir bottle filter needs cleaning. I tried to get to the reservoir bottle by removing the drivers side wheel arch lining. The problem is the normal civic doesn't have the same bumper skirt as the type R. I got to a point when i realised or thought i had to take off the front bumper as well. By that time it started raining so i put it back together and packed up. Has anyone got experience in getting this area on a FN2?

I look forward to your response.

Bumper off I'm afraid.

Mine has the headlight washers which your might have too being an 09, but you can see the bottle on the left here:

IMAG3062.jpg

Thanks a lot for your quick reply with picture. I take it i can get to the filter with just removing the bumper. Is there a procedure or guide to getting the bumper off? Or personal advice?

Back