• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

accord type r power steering fluid leak

Hi all,

Looking for some help with regards to a leaking power steering pipe on a Honda accord type r 2001, my problem is ive been to honda for a diagram of the associated parts and came away with the full schematics for the power steering system. But I can't locate my pipe from their drawing, the corroded pipe comes direct from the rack and is relatively short and is u shaped where it join's a rubber hose, i should have had a look prior to posting to refresh my memory so i could be more specific so my apologies if my description is rubbish, I thought I would give it a go as i can remember someone telling me this was a common fault on the accord but so far my google searches dont find anything of interest.It must be on the low pressure side as the car was still operational with the leak without it squirting out to fast although I am guessing at this.

Another question I have is should I be using only Honda psf or will any atf do.I think i remember hearing before that the latter was corrosive in my Honda accord. Can someone elaborate if this is fact or fiction.

Any advice would be great.

No idea where this pipe is tbh. Are you not near a local garage that could help you out?

Honda fluids only BTW.

The car is not operational at present although i may end up doing that, I was hoping it was a common fault and others would be aware of the specific pipe.

Why damage would using atf do?.

Thanks for speedy reply.

ATF is probably fine but I've always been advised by TGM to use Honda fluids in the gearbox and power steering.

Not sure whether the PAS issue is common or not, can't say I've heard of it.

Anythingon the ATR forum at all?

hH ther can anybody tell me if it is necessary to pay the £10 fee in order to see the forums on the ATR website?, i managed to become a member for free but it still wouldnt let me see the info, is this £10 fee mandatory?

Thanks again

Back