• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Adjusting FN2 clutch bite point?

Hey! I have recently bought a 2008 fn2 type r with 68000 miles on the clock. Everything is sweet As a nut but one issue I've found is that the clutch bite point is very low.. Changing gears in 1st and second is kinda lively to say the least its like trying to tame a beast! Very jumpy.. Car goes into gear perfect but just can't seem to get a smooth gear change from 1st to 2nd ? Is this normal ? Many thanks

Taken from here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/99643-how-adjust-clutch-biting-point-fn2.html

Tools needed

Phillips Screwdriver
12mm spanner
17mm spanner
Black marker pen
Long nose Pliers

First step is to take dash out from under steering wheel.

Take out screw

Pop trim off

Leaves you like this

Next step is to loosen off 17mm locking nut from clutch pedal stopper/cruise control button and unclip the wire from the top.

Then unscrew the stopper completely leaving access to the master cylinder push rod behind.

Pushrod behind

Mark pushrod with black marker so you know how much it has been turned later on.

Depress the clutch to make the 12mm locking nut on the pushrod visible.

Loosen 12mm locking nut then release clutch.

Twist push rod in shown direction with long nose pliers to raise biting point from the floor. 1 full revolution for me was enough to raise the biting point from the floor to roughly 1/3 - 1/2 way up the pedal travel.

Once happy depress clutch again and tighten 12mm lock nut ensuring push rod doesnt turn with it, un-doing all your hard work.

Replace stopper and tighten 17mm lock nut. Ensure you leave a little free play in the clutch so you dont end up riding the clutch and burning it out.

Video below gives you an idea, doesnt have to be as much as this but it was just to show what free play should feel like.

IMG_1395_zps884e88b6.mp4 Video by Lazytrev | Photobucket

Dont forget to clip wire back into the top of clutch stopper or cruise control wont work.

Hope this helps.

Back