• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Admiral Multicar - Bargain ??

Well I have finally decided to insure the S2000 again, yes I know I've missed summer, but I've been working most of it and when travelling to customer sites I've needed more room than it can offer me :(

So after a few quotes I see Admiral Multicar advertised on TV, might as well give them a go.

S2000 has 1 year of NCB at the moment so I declared everything, added the Prelude to come onto the policy in February and declared all the mods (well non standard bodykit and aftermarket alloys) with 5 years NCB coming up at renewal time.

S2000 Insurance - £518
Prelude Insurance (222 days) - £145

Hang on, we'll see if we can do a deal and mirror the Prelude NCB on the S2000, so now we have.

S2000 Insurance - £454

Lisa is on the Insurance for the S2000 so they ask if there is any chance that she might drive the Prelude, well if the price comes down then there is a chance she 'might' drive it.

Prelude Insurance - £118 now :)

If I add the other cars onto the policy when there renewals are due then the policies for the S2000 and Prelude will come down even further.

Normal T&C's apply on the Insurance, excess not too bad so paid for today :) MOT's on Monday, it had better pass.

Sounds like a pretty fair deal Simon - I assume the NSX and DC2 would hurt plenty more without restricted mileage?

I'm, pretty much, getting one car insured for free using the multicar policy.

£550'ish for the S2000 (13 years no claims)
£220'ish for the Mondeo (7 years no claims).

I was paying in the region of £760 for the S2000 and £290 for the Mondeo when they were on separate policies.

I only pay £400 for the NSX £30k agreed valuation on a 6k mile a year policy (not managed 6k a year yet even when I used it for commuting for a while).
Don't like to have all my eggs in one basket or to pay for all of them on 1 renewal date.

Cheapest elsewhere for the S2000 was around £800.

Sounds like a pretty fair deal Simon - I assume the NSX and DC2 would hurt plenty more without restricted mileage?

Back