• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM V2 Cleaning

Just wondering, do you need the AEM specific cleaner for cleaning AEM V2 filters? I have some K&N air filter cleaner from my last car not sure if that would do the job though? Isn't the AEM filter made from different material that doesn't require oiling? :S

EDIT: Kit arrived today, its the paper type. Only thing is the rubber on the filter itself is starting to perish... is this something to worry about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use K&N filter oil, the AEM isn't designed for it. Best thing to do is spray it with an alcohol-based aerosol cleaning fluid from the inside out. I used a 'microcare' cleaner on mine and it worked a treat. You do need to be careful though, as certain fluids can make the fibres expand permanently and others may react with the rubber. Most alcohol based solvents wont cause either of these issues.

As for the rubber perishing, not a lot you can I'm afraid - mine is the same. Silicone lubricant will help slow it down though but be careful not to spray the actual filter with it.

Back