• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aiming to get car mapped next month - Few Questions?

Hi there,

I went on a spending splurge and got a few goodies such as Skunk2 intake manifold, fuel rail, 410cc injectors, 74mm Skunk2 Throttle body and some new HT leads. The only one I have fitted as of yet is the Skunk2 Intake Manifold. It pulls alot more now but it seems to hunt the revs alot, when idling it revs from 1 to 2 constantly. It does my nut in ( also makes me look like a right knob :evil: ). I was wondering whether this is down to it not being mapped.

I was also thinking about these injectors, the reason I brought them was I saw a really old friend of mine driving a EP3, and had roughly the same mods as mine and also had these 410cc injectors and jesus did sound the nuts ( he told me that once he re- mapped with the injectors and throttle body), he was hitting around 240bhp. Anyways as you would I asked him to take me for a drive around town and it's not only rapid but still quite a smooth ( considering I thought it was going to rip my head off ). Has anyone had bad experience with injectors or are they good? Just want a general idea as that was the first car I had come across which such a thing.

Also I was looking at places to get it mapped in the South East ( preferably around Kent that sort of area, don't mind driving a couple of hours..) and came across CPL Racing, and a few others but wanted some advice on where to go and where not to go?

Cheers

Artech for mapping. Romain is well known and respected by many users on this forum.

As for the injectors, you only need to upgrade them if you hitting high duty cycles on your stock ones.

What other mods do you have, intake, header and exhaust wise?

Ht leads? On an ep3?

Hunting would suggest you have an air leak or sticking iacv.

As per loxys post. You don't need bigger injectors yet and they wouldn't change the sound of a car.

Currently have HKS Hi-power 406, Japspeed Manifold , Tegiwa M air induction , Skunk2 Intake Manifold, Skunk2 74mm Throttle Body, Silicon hoses... I looked at the leads some how managed to buy for b16 :D. Waiting for fuel rail still and injectors. Any other things that could be on when mapped.

So by the sounds of it, there is no point to me putting the injectors on?

Right I have gone out and had a look and it seems the Skunk2 Intake actually does the job of the IACV as I have that part sitting in my room and there definitely is any space where that used to sit? Slightly worried now...

Also what sort of gains can I expect after mapping?

Supercharger, you may as well if you're buying injectors and the like. :)

Forum sticker ftw

I've been an idiot once again and will check my IACV this weekend, the intake manifold bypass'd something that looked alot like the IACV sensor from memory but had a look last night and it wasn't that. Hopefully that does the job. So I'll clean that out htis weekend along with my car.

Brought a G3 polishing set and my brother used it on his EK4 and said it was amazing so looking forward to seeing the results of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been an idiot once again and will check my IACV this weekend, the intake manifold bypass'd something that looked alot like the IACV sensor from memory but had a look last night and it wasn't that. Hopefully that does the job. So I'll clean that out htis weekend along with my car.

Brought a G3 polishing set and my brother used it on his EK4 and said it was amazing so looking forward to seeing the results of that.

I think I might know whats up, theres a little screw on the Skunk2 that adjusts the throttle plate opening for idle. Try adjusting that out a bit.

Regarding the injectors, If they are the Blue OEM 410cc items from the USDM RDX... I would totally fit them, they drive smoother than the 310's that come stock and you have more duty left for the future.

Having said that, you cant fit them till you get your Kpro as you must adjust the injector flow field in K-manager... or the car wont run.

your car hunting on idle could be caused by an air leak,

you sure the throttle body gasket is fine???

have a feel around where the throttle body gasket when the cars running as you may feel where its leaking

Back