• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air bag light - EP3

Hey guys. :smt100

Got the Airbag light on, none of the older threads asked it the way I'm going to.

If there is genuinely a problem with my airbags, and I reset the light using the fuse/paperclip method, will the light come on again or simply stay off?

I've checked the cables under the seat / seat-belt and all looks fine. Hopefully selling up very soon and I would feel super guilty selling a car with non-functioning airbag (with the dash light off).

Any other simple things I should check? Trying to avoid spending wedge on her atm.

Cheers

G

According to Jimbothemagnificent, his airbag light came back on after a while until he sorted the wiring issue, so I would assume if there is an issue it will come back on.

Hi, If you reset the air bag warning with the paper clip method and there is a genuine fault - it will come back on again , but if you've disconnected an air bag or bumper sensor and turned the ignition on it'll light the warning up and reconnecting will not put it out until it is reset.

(hope thats clear :confused:)

crowds

I spent a lot of time resetting my airbag light! Yep, if there's a fault it will come back on. Definitely.

A really worthwhile tool is a OBDII reader. I bought a simple Bluetooth one and downloaded an app on my phone, £8 all in, and it's one of the best tools I've ever owned. A Honda dealership will charge you £60 to plug in their reader and reset the codes.

Thanks jimbo! I know shifty has one so I'll get it read today, didn't realise that would hold a code in this case!

I've got something like that under my bed. Unfortunately they don't work on the FK2, but you can have it for postage money.

I'm sure it would work on an EP3.

Sensor worked, but didn't show anything airbag light related. Will try the paperclip method

Been a while but finally got time to re-visit this, any idea how to get to the yellow cable for the paperclip method? I've located it but no idea how to get my fingers around it.

Screw underneath the fuse box allow the whole thing to drop down or is there more to it than that?

Managed the above fine, but the light comes back on - mayday. Tried a half-dozen times all with the same result

Back