• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air bag light

Ok not got a Honda, but wondered if anyone could help.

Every now and then the Air Bag light comes on for a few seconds then goes of again, I am due a service (which it beeps at me everytime start the engine!! :roll:) which is being done next week at Northampton Audi, so was going to wait until then to ask them.

However it was on constantly yesterday and today.

Anything to be worried about?! :confused:

Usually the airbag light is on when the ignition sequence is started (as I am sure you know) and then goes out once the system is active and ready to respond.

If the light is coming on then maybe there is a fault which Audi will charge you a fortune to fix. :eek:

Maybe worth taking somewhere else then?

I got it from Kettering Honda as that is where Ben works so will get him to take it back there! Least then if I do get charged anything it wont be a lot!

Nothing serious though???

Apart from the obvious!!! :lol: :lol:

I meant they are not likely just to blow up in my face or anything are they?! :freak: :oops: :lol: :lol:
:lol: No, they just won't work at all in a crash. :wink:

Id imagin its a wiring fault or a metal conector sumwhere is not working as it should

The system tests the firing mechanism, the sensors and the integrity of the interconnecting wiring. Intermittent flashing lights indicate a fault - with safety aids this should be looked at as a matter of urgency. Don't risk it mate, sod's law is good at taking the p1ss.

Used to be a common fault on mk2 puntos, as others have said the airbag wont work while this lights on, on the punto it used to be a case of some wiring needing changing behind the glovebox or something

they may have to plug it into the computer tho to read the fault, which may cost a bit

Back