• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

aircon bypass

Hi guys new to the forum looking for advice . My aircon compressor pump on my 2008 type r is not working and as i stay in sunny scotland im looking to bypass the pump and fit the required belt to do it. What i dont know is the size required. Can anyone help with a size or pk number ? Any headsup on any problems that may arise doing this would be appreciated

To be honest it'll be easier just to fix the aircon. It's not just for the summer. You'll probably use it more as it helps massively to demist the windscreen.
The compressor has a clutch pulley. So it'll do no harm to continue running a belt on the compressor, unless the pulley itself has broken.

Theres a loud whiring noise like a bearing is away and its doing my head ! A used pump is £200 + a refill (£60) to fix something i never use id rather do away with it . Ive heard i might be able to use a 51 plate alternator belt as the air con wasnt in that model

Managed to bypass the broken aircon pump today by removing the existing serpentine belt and replacing it with a 1275 mm belt with 7 ribs. Bit of a tight sqeeze but got there. Started it up and that noisy irritating sound had gone . The belt cost £17 compared to the hundreds quoted for second hand pumps. Honda said this couldnt be done well it has.

Back