• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alarm control board

Ive got a 02 Pre-facelift CTR and have had the common alarm problem of it going off for no reason, its got considerably worse over the weekend and this morning the car has decided to totally immobilise itself.

I had already been researching buying a new alarm control board from the alarm manufacturers before this mornings incident. I have now got one on the way.
Ive taken out the seat and pulled back the carpet to reveal the alarm box thingy! My question is, how do i change the box?! There aren't any connectors where i can just unplug the old box and plug the new one in, the wiring loom goes right up under the centre console and into the dash!

Any help would be greatly received.
And if this does fix the problem then its a much cheaper fix than going to Honda!!

I had the same problem with my 02 CTR :( .Although when i tried to source a alarm control board from Hamilton and Palmer they wouldn`t sell me one :( said i would have to go to honda for them to order and fit it :(.How did you get yours??

Also i kept getting told by various people that there was a recall to replace this and that i wouldn`t have to pay.checked with Honda and they said no recall exsists and i would have to pay the whole bill :( .

I emailed Hamilton and Palmer saying that i dont want to pay Hondas prices and that a friend of mine was a ex Honda tech (which he's not!). A chap called Steve gave me a price for a new board and a price for a repair on my existing board which would have a turn-around repair time of approx four days, in which time your car would be immobilised.

My girlfriend phoned up to order the replacement board on Monday morning it was sat on my kitchen table when getting back from work on tuesday afternoon.
All for a grand total of £148 inc VAT and delivery!!!
Took me all of 45 mins to repair and that was taking my time.

THats good mate and a great price.i had to get mine done(i think i was LOL) at Honda.cost me just under £300 :eek: .although i do have some new alarm fobs aswell now so at least i can see where some of my money has gone :lol:

Yeah come the end i had to get mine done, the alarm wouldn't stop going off and drained the battery.
With the new alarm board you also get one new key fob so that's not bad either. Ive re-programmed the other two fobs i had to this board, so in total i now have three key fobs and two keys. Result!!!

Back