• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alpine ida-x305 slow at searching....

Basically since I've updated iPhone to iOS4 the search function on my stereo is going ever so slow. It's not to bad when just twisting the scroller wheel, though when push it in and twist to skip by letter it goes slow as hell! You kind of have to push and twist, listen for beep to say that your searching then let go and it takes 5 seconds or so to skip to B.

Anyone else had similar problems?? It was fine at the start of the week and I've been listening to radio 1 all week until today.

Just a quick update on this. Went to Blackpool this weekend and a friend brought his iPod nano with him (I think 2nd gen) which worked spot on!

So on that I'm guessing the iOS4 update has caused bugs with the compatibility once again.

Another update on the stereo. It today has decided to totally stop connecting mine or the mrs iPhone and not connect via Bluetooth either.

Any ideas??

Mine is the same (not the same model) but an Alpine, and since the upgrade it has been dog slow, even freezing the ICE.

Mine is the same (not the same model) but an Alpine, and since the upgrade it has been dog slow, even freezing the ICE.

Crappy ain't it! Who's responsible for sorting? As I can only see it getting worse with future updates! Either that or i'll have to buy an old iPod.

iPhone 3G per chance? If so iOS4 is a complete waste of time on that phone, 128mb of memory is nowhere near enough to run the bloatware that is iOS4.

from the iphone jailbreak dev's twitters i've been reading, iOS4.1 fixes the issues with iphone 3g's becoming a brick under iOS4

Hopefully iOS4.1 will also fix the ice issues

Is that Musclenerd's feed? The memory footprint really needs addressing, it's scandalous how they can release that version for the 3G knowing full well how close it was to the wire. I think it uses 124mb of 128mb available just to idle the OS leaving 4mb for apps and the phone to operate!

Slight O/T, but those with the ida-x305 - how do you find sound setup? Is there a decent EQ on there, or is it like the other HUs where you get bass/treble/fade/balance and then have to shell out £200 for the Imprint processor and mic?

Back