• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

am i legal?

iam running a std header with a sportex unsilenced race tube and a spoon N1... its LOUD!!! does anyone know if i'll pass an MOT with these mods?

it will pass emissions but you need to make sure its under the decibels.
google it then test it to see if its under the limit
there is a app to test it if you have iphone or blackberry
i would think most garages wont bother about it, my pumesta was crazy loud but passed emissions and i never had a problem

i passed mine no problem with the same system only my center section is a Supersprint unsilenced.

It can depend on the MoT tester

"Reason for rejection"

4. A silencer in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar vehicle with a standard silencer in average condition.

So if the MoT guy thinks your a tw*t ...then it will fail, id just look for where all the other modified cars get MoT`s near you and take it there.

To most MOT testers, they would interpret your car with an unsilenced centre section and a Spoon N1 as to not meet the requirements of the test, rendering it "non-roadworthy". Whether the MOT tester would actually fail your car for this depends on the tester. You could leave it down to chance, you could ask ahead of time, you might need to grease the wheels, so to speak.

When I get my car MOT'd, I just put the original backbox in the boot, and they put "Original exhaust fitted at time of test", as the garage is directly opposite a police station, and the tester wanted me to have the original in the boot so that the garage could not be brought into disrepute for deliberately passing a car that should obviously fail on noise emissions, in the event of me getting pulled over as I left the garage.

Back