• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Annoying rattles / vibrations

I am getting reallyannoying rattles / vibrations noises during high revs and vtec. Itshard to tell when driving but seems to be coming from inside thefront passenger side rather than from the engine or underneath thecar. :evil:

Yesterday I had my ARCintake and SFS hose fitted at TGM. It was also discovered that I hada damaged front engine mount which was replaced and I also had thefront ES Mount Inserts fitted.

What I find strangethough is that other than the obvious vibrations/ rattles the ESInserts give whist stationary and pulling away but there was nothingstrange whilst moving throughout the rev range all of yesterday. Itwas fine this morning also on the way to work and the problems onlystarted on the way home.

Could it be that the ESMounts are causing parts of the interior plastics to come loose?
The only other culpritI think can be the ARC but it all seems really secure?

Any advise would begreat as the car sounds awful now. I really cant be arsed but mayjust remove the ARC intake and see if its still present with thestandard intake fitted. :mad:

The ivtec cover andheat shields are already removed.

Right, I have gone for a quick drive this morning and strangely it doesn't seem anywhere near as bad. I'm sure a lot of it just me being picky but there is definitely still a vibration which I think must be from the ARC. I will stick with it for a bit and see how it goes. I can always change it for a Gruppe M at a later date.

The ES mounts do settle after time and the vibrations won't feel as bad. It could also be the cold, virtually everything stiffens up in the cold.

Lol Loxy, stiffens or contracts...!

Agreed, the mounts do calm after a while but the vibrations will remain. I found my glove box and the door cards used to vibrate at a certain RPM, might be worth checking those out. For interior noises and squeaks, you can't beat the soft side of velcro for isolating them. :)

Cheers guys. There does seem to be more rattles when its cold.

One of the rattles seemed to be coming from the bit below the glove box where the ecu is so I have given it a good push and it seems to have gone mostly.

Also the foam tape I put on the air-con but to stop it rubbing against the ARC has slipped so its only partly protecting it. I will re-do this and see if it goes.

Back