• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another Kpro question

Got the car mapped couple of days ago at TDi North and i want to save the map on to my laptop.

Just want to make sure i do it right.

This is what JonCTR kindly sent me.

Make sure you have the latest version of K-manager, as the older ones tended to corrupt the downloads often.

Once connected with ignition on, choose online -> tools -> download.

As soon as its downloaded, do file -> save as, and call it something.

Quit out of k-manager. Re-open k-manager, and file -> open the calibration you just saved. then have a look through the tables and parameters, and check the tick over etc don't have stupid values in, or tables have lots o zero's (sign of corruption).

Once you have a good copy, just open that, make any changes then upload that. I stupidly once did not check a downloaded map, made changes and uploaded it. Come Monday morning, time for work - car won't start due to corrupted map. Luckily I had a decent copy to re-upload.

I think these problems are alot better now with newer k-manager.

Jon

Phone Paul before you do it as last time i was there he wasn't using the latest version of Kmanager and thats leading to a few corruption issues so check with him first fella :wink:

Ok cheers.

He did give me a disk with Kmanager on, but did say it's best just to download the latest version off the hondata website.

ritzctr said:
Ok cheers.

He did give me a disk with Kmanager on, but did say it's best just to download the latest version off the hondata website.

Kenty (Mr Zippo) saved his map when he got home after getting it mapped changed one thing and uploaded it and then his car wouldn't start as the map was corrupeted due to the different versions of Kmanager, IIRC Paul had to Email the map to Kent for him to upload afresh, so a quick phonecall could save alot of hassle :lol:

HASNIC said:
ritzctr said:
Ok cheers.

Kenty (Mr Zippo) saved his map when he got home after getting it mapped changed one thing and uploaded it and then his car wouldn't start as the map was corrupeted due to the different versions of Kmanager, IIRC Paul had to Email the map to Kent for him to upload afresh, so a quick phonecall could save alot of hassle :lol:

Ok will do, better safe than sorry.

Back