• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any benefits to upgrading speakers with standard H/U?

Title says it all! Will I get much benefit from upgrading the front factory speakers but keeping the Honda H/U installed?
I know it'll be much better to change the HU aswell, but if I just changed the speakers would it be better than it is now?

Ello Mate,

You have joined us then :wink:

I personally think you'd benefit more by changing your HU too tbh fella.
You don't have to have a state of the art HU, but an uprated item with better speakers will make a difference from what I've read.

People tend to sway towards Components front & back from what I've read.

You could always do your speakers & then uprate the HU later to space the costing out

JamieC changed just his front speakers and it did sound better, but it would be better to change your headunit as well.

SpaceMonkey said:
Ello Mate,

I personally think you'd benefit more by changing your HU too tbh fella.
You don't have to have a state of the art HU, but an uprated item with better speakers will make a difference from what I've read.

People tend to sway towards Components front & back from what I've read.

You could always do your speakers & then uprate the HU later to space the costing out

I wouldn't bother changing the speakers in the back, if you put a decent set in the front that should be plenty. I replaced my fronts and rears with audiobahn components and unless your actually in the back of the car the rear ones dont make any noticeable difference!

SpaceMonkey said:
Ello Mate,

Yep, all signed up :D

Cheers for the replies.

The thing I like about having the standard HU is:
1. No facia to carry around
2. It looks standard so less likely to attract attention from "unwanted" individuals
3. I like having the volume control on the right ;)
4. I don't have to go through any hassle to have it in there - it's already there
5. Financial reasons

Trouble is the sound is so poor it's not even funny! So I was hoping to replace the front speakers with decent ones, leave it at that and have increased sound quality.
I'm not sure now though, it seems like it's an all (+HU) or nothing thing...

Back