• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone fitted rear bolt in roll cage???

Quick help needed guys. How much of trim actually needs to come out? Does all the plastic over rear arches and sides?? I have a safety device bolt in. Rear section only at mo.

If putting a cage in the rear, strip the rear. I don't understand the concept of caging a car and not stripping it. Every been in an accident in a caged car? Even with padding, it's not safe in a road car. I wouldn't get in a back seat of a car with a cage.

2 people I know who have had minor shunts/spins in their road cars that were caged and they hit the cage. They've sworn they'll never cage a road car again.

Cage = Helmet IMO.

You are making a few assumptions. Most wrong. The only roads the car sees is going to and from tracks. The rear seats physically wont go in with this rear cage. I have no intention of trying to get thwm bqck in. The only reason i was asking about the trim was to help with fitting the actual cage. Also leaving the trim in acts as noise deadening.. As for cage helmet. I agree

Have you looked in to getting an X Brace? You're best off stripping as opposed to cutting your trim. No need for sound deadening in a track car anyway. :D

c6f1530103945577aa34bb0389b4fef8.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that from?

I wouldn't mind some extra roll over protection in my car.

I got it from area motorsports. Its made by safety devices. Its the rear section of a 6 point bolt in roll cage. The full car rear interior needs stripping to get it in.

Back