• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Argh, it's melting! Advice please

Hey folks, I've just had my Scorpion 4" exhaust fit. It looks and sounds the business, but it's only a mm off the bumper and has melted the paint on the way home.

The guy who fit it bent the bracket as far as he could. So, where can I get a tailor made metal plate to protect the bumper or is there anything else I can do?

I'm in Manchester BTW.

Cheers

Maybe some heat resistant tape will help?

DavidEP6.gif

I want something a bit more permanent than tape really. Is there a tailor-made metal plate that I can buy or anything else?

Who else has a large exhaust and lowered suspension and has had the same problem and what did you do?

Dotty - how have you got on with the 5 incher on yours?

My N1 is sitting very close to the bumber :?

Might have to keep an eye on it.

Right, I've bought a heat proof sheet to stop my bumper from getting f***ck up, but I need a permenant solution.

There must be other people on here who have had this same problem - what did you do to sort it?

Beaumont said:
Hey folks, I've just had my Scorpion 4" exhaust fit. It looks and sounds the business, but it's only a mm off the bumper and has melted the paint on the way home.

The guy who fit it bent the bracket as far as he could. So, where can I get a tailor made metal plate to protect the bumper or is there anything else I can do?

I'm in Manchester BTW.

Cheers

Hi Mate :D

As Chris said powerflex exhaust mounts will sort it. Will cost around £10 for the pair

Part Number: EXH 011

exh011.jpg

Any pics with it fitted?

No pics yet, I'll take some tomorrow after I've washed the car.

Thanks for the part number, but where do I order them from? Also, are they easy to fit?

Cheers

James :D

Hi mine isnt a scorpion its a Topgear/powerflow one - No problems yet!

The powerflex mounts should do the job :wink:

ive just bought beaumonts backbox of him and am waiting for the powerflex mounts to arrive but i was thinking of putting supping heat resitant tape on also just to be on the safe side but an finding it hard to get a supplier??? anyone got any links???

thats not exactly cheap considering im only going to use about 8 inches worth of it. ill see if some of my mates who go rallycrossing have anything that will do the job

Back