• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

At a bit of a loss

Drivers side rear looks alot lower than on the passengers side. Theres next to no wheel arch gap which is worrying me alot.

Taken it to the garage I bought it from, and they are at a loss as to why it has happened. Theyve checked the coil springs and there is no visual damage.

Any ideas?

Same happened with mine. I think this is the case with a lot of them, becomes more obvious once lowered.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ARB drop link snapped or ARB bush collapsed?? Any signs of leakage on the damper?

It's in their interest not to find anything, jack it up, whip the wheel off and check for yourself. Whilst you're there, check the drop links and ARB bush.

Oh, forgot to mention that I chose to buy this car on finance. I couldve bought it outright but with a baby on the way I chose to save.

I wonder if it is worth contacting them.

Theres Vertu Honda at Doncaster. Ive got a silver warranty with the car, probably not worth the paper its printed but if they say there is an issue, ill be banging on their door demanding it to fixed. Ive only done 900 mile in the 10 weeks of ownership.

That's a mere surface patina :) Road salting in the UK is aggressive. People here have no idea how to drive in winter, and they keep salting the road far beyond when they really need to :(

That's a mere surface patina :) Road salting in the UK is aggressive. People here have no idea how to drive in winter, and they keep salting the road far beyond when they really need to :(

He means rust lol.
I would say probably top of the spring has snapped off.

Not much affects ride height other than springs. ARB, shocks etc don't affect ride height, only damping and rolling etc. Most likely a snapped spring.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

^tis true, but I'd like to think even a warantee holding garage would pick up on a broken spring. The only way the ARB substantially affects ride hight whilst parked is if it's parked on uneven ground.

In my brief and limited experience with snapped springs, they also make a disgustingly horrible metallic 'clunk' when turning from lock-to-lock.

Got the car back, they admit 3rd is 'notchy' and apparently an owner of another FN2 said that it can be fixed with polybushes. It didnt pop out on them, but they could feel it is notchy.

The grinding at the rear is still there, and still louder when you turn right.

As it is under finance, im going to contact them and request Honda be able to examine the car.

To me, its clear that the car has been sold with the gearbox synchro being a problem and they should fix it. Done 900 miles in 10 weeks so it isnt like I have done excess miles.

Finance company are giving 10 days to the garage regarding 3rd gear. Sent them the Honda document about notchy/crunchy 3rd gear and the fix for it.

Ball is in their court now, I wouldnt have confidence in them doing the gearbox when they cant even sort a grinding noise at the rear.

Back