• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Auto Window-Up Function

Morning Guys 'n Gals,

Finally got hold of my first CTR 52 plate in nighthawk black, I've had it 2 days now and can't imagine my life without it already!

Can't really afford any major mods yet, but my housemate has an Mitsubishi FTO and when he locks it with his car fob, the windows auto close. It's nothing major but just looks pretty cool, and always avoids forgetting to shut them, does anyone know if it's possible on the EP3??

Also the car was sold with a Sevic fold out DVD head unit, it works fine apart from it has stopped 'sucking' in disks, think the motor has gone. Does anyone know where might be a good place to take it to repair it? I'm in portsmouth, was thinking of Maplins, but any other ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers,

I suspect you could get a kit fitted to achieve the auto up, certainly if you bought an aftermarket alarm I'm sure it would be an option. Might be under the Breitling pack. :cool:.
I don't think it'll be very cheap though.

As for repair I'm afraid I haven't a clue.

Clifford alarms include full closer as an option. As long as you have electric windows then it can do it and doesn't usually cost that much.
From the sounds of the head unit your probably better replacing it as it is a cheap model and the cost of fixing it would probably be way to much to justify

As others have said I think it would need an after market alarm fitting that includes this particular feature. TBH as there are only 2 windows, both controllable from the drivers side, I can't say I have ever had problems putting the windows up but each to their own.

There was a full closure kit available from Honda for pre-03 cars with the H&P alarm (sensors in the a pillars instead of rear roof)....

cobra alarms to the window close thing as well. used to have it on an old car. wasn't to expensive from what i remember

thinking about getting this added to my clifford alarm, the unit costs around £50 but then you gotta add fitting, think max for that is £50 but depends on if you got negotiation skills :)

Back