• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Battery draining on my M200 FN2

Hi everyone

I'm just new on here. I've been having battery issues on my M200 for about 6 weeks now, my battery is flat every 2 day's. I've checked all interior lights including boot light and all is off. I've even taken one of the terminals off the battery and put it back on, giving a small spark. I'm not sure if this is normal? I've checked fuses under the hood and all good. I've been told by a few people that it could be the air con relay but that's been tested by a normal tester and it seems to be ok, anyone had this problem before?

I've always found on Hondas that once the battery has been flat once, it is toast and won't hold charge.

Have you tried a new battery?

I haven't tried a new battery as it's about a year old. I bought an upgrade to the battery that was in origanal, bit more crank. I do have another 3 years warranty on it and have told the seller about the issue bit battery is fine on the test so not sure.

Current draws can be a pain to find sometimes.
You need an ammeter connected to measure the current draw. Then in a methodical way remove fuses until the draw goes. From that fuse, you can work out what consumables run on that circuit and go from there.
But before that, is there anything connected that’s not factory fit (stereo, alarm, dash cam, lights etc?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I have a pioneer double din and also alarm (apart from the key fob too). These changes done about a year ago with no battery issues at that time so dout it would be this that's causing it but will check. I've also taken my air con relay out to see if it makes any difference.

If the current draw isn’t a great deal coming from your aftermarket parts. It may of taken a year for that extra current draw to damage the battery causing your issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to measure it with an Ameter. Takes away all guessing and can quantify the draw you have or haven't got. 0.03A is deemed acceptable on a merc van, so any more than that and something is playing up.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Back