• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

been pranged - hit & run!

Hi, well i was at a mates house last night, had a few beers and generally had a good night. Until....

bout 3am, I heard car moving pretty quick, screech and bang, car reversing then more screeching tyres. i got up looked out of the window, my car looked ok, so i went back to sleep, only to get up this morning and found some moderate damage to the front end my car....gutted.

been onto the insurance who've taken the details and took my claim, it's going to cost me the excess £250 and now i need to get it repaired :(

just wondering if anyone has experience of making a claim like this and the (expected) time frame on getting the chariot back to full glory.

it's still drivable but there is a nasty looking dent & hole on the NS bumper, the grill is broken and the NS light looks like its been pushed upwards a bit so the bonnet looks out of alignment.

i'm so angry right....

any advice, greatly appreciated.

thanks
mark

05 Cosmic btw 3.5k on the clock ... gutted

When mine was hit and run i spoke to my insurance on the Monday, sent them a quote from Honda on Tuesday, Wednesday it was inspected by the insurance and the repairs authorised. It went into the bodyshop the following Monday and was away for 2.5 weeks. It had to have the door repaired and a new rear quarter.

Gutted for you mate. This kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed to happen. The people who do this are real scum in my opinion and I can hope that what goes around come around. Probably some uninsured muppet :evil: :evil:

Ended up costing me £475 on excess and courtesy car insurance. :evil:

Fukc me IB-bangin

the same thing happened to mine last night damage sounds virtually identical and in the same place :evil: :evil: :evil: , you will probably find that it is the wing thats been pushed up rather than the bonnet as their ony secured by pretty thin straps which makes the bonnet look out of line, the panel behind my bumper has been pushed back about 2cm so the bonnet also overhangs a little on that side I took it to a good bodyshop today as I will pay for this as I won't go through the insuarance cos the t---s will make you pay for it in the long term. the call taker even advised me to do this if I could afford to as once repaired it will be listed as having recieved and insurance accident repair ( bad for px in the future)
explianed this to the guys in the bodyshop and their estimate over halfed :?

Anyway he reckons they can repair the lot for under 500 bucks, but will have to wait anout 2 weeks till they can fit me in

spooky maybe but I am also

Mark :shock: :shock:

Back