• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Better Handling without lowering???

is it possible to do the above :?: :?:
I know about the fast road setups and things like that which i was planning to do as soon as i get some cash put away for it. But is there any thing else i can do?

spoon reckons honda got it spot on with the handling at stock height with the ep3 and dc5 they gave up making a good suspension kit.

it was on 1 of the BMI's

cheers for that fire2 and no never heard of the videos. im must have lived a sheltered life :lol:
so basicly all i need to do is get the alignment sorted and a decent set of strut braces upper and lower front and rear and it should be spot on.

take my advice i have been there mate.

spoon springs helped the feel and made it look nice (lowered ect)

but if u wana corner fast, install rear camber ajusters and get a fast road set up with -1 camber on the rear. u could install front camber bolts too if needed.

rear ajusters are around £80/100
front bolts around £25/30

but the best thing i did on my stock shocks was to change the tyre to a Toyo T1-R or a Yoko Prada Spec 2, seemed to grip loads better, maybe it helped with the tyre flex

Get the geometry sorted as Spencer mentioned with adjustable camber arms .

You can also go for the JDM rear anti roll bar which helps the turn in and having driven tp's car today with the polybushed front arms that has improved the steering no-end over stock and feels alot more direct. All things that will seriously help the handling whilst keeping the stock ride height :)

Not the response you want but fitting spoon progressive springs will help TBH.

They only drop the car 25mm over standard which is nothing really and will provide a better setup.

I feel the CTR rolls far too much for my liking under har cornering.

Also take a look at thred below. Paul Gunning (Gunn79) also posed this same question so a lot of what you want to know should be in there :wink:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8791

Back