• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake Dust

What do people use to shift really stubborn brake dust? I am using Project Mu pads and I think the dust has baked itself onto my Enkei RPF1's. A bit annoying because they were not cheap and I put a layer of gtechnic C5 wheel armour on before I fitted them

I've used a bit of rubbing compound on dust and siht that wouldn't come off before. Not a recommended option I'm sure, but it did work rather well.

I've tried a ton, and being totally honest any iron remover that turns purple on application and stinks is as good as the next one, but...

Imo Auto Finess Iron Out and Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller are slightly better than the rest.

I've got DS3000's, they need to be regularly or its a "Beatch!" to get off -sorry to state obvious but clean them as soon as they look dirty ! :picardfp:

Took both front wheels off and spent a good few hours gnus afternoon tackling the dust. If I knew how to post pics in here then I would put the before and after on, they almost look factory fresh. Will have another go over Easter and put another layer of wheel armour on.

The dust that comes off my RS29's seems much more powdery than other pads I've tried and is much easier to remove. Another reason why I love the pad so much!

Back