• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake lights coming on with side lights!! Help!!

Hi I have a 04 civic sport and as the title says when I put my lights on my brake lights automatically come on and stay on, just after abit of guidance or ideas as to what the problem is, it's probably a simple fix. I have got a break light out so is this anything to do with it?? Thanks

It's possible it's due to a bulb being out but sounds like a bad earth or short in the wiring somewhere.

I have taken out the bulb that has blown and now my brake lights don't come in with side lights, so that's a step forward, but the new bulb won't stay connected in the holder and doesn't come on at all unless you hold it down into the holder, right pain!! Once I press it down it works as it should. Might need to replace the connector/bulb holder bit!! Also just found the head gasket is seeping out oil, only had the car a week!!

Back