• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake recommendation

Just to let people know, i'm running Ferodo DS2500 pads and Tarox sport japan discs and they seem to be working very very well, alot better than the EBC redstuffs and discs i had on previously :wink:

What are the DS2500 under normal driving conditions?

I got Hawk ceramic pads on mine at the moment (came with my Stoptech kit) and although they are awesome once hot they are little hard to live with under normal driving conditions. If was to have to slam on I get a lot of ABS activity. But if I've given them a few good stops and they get up to temp they work brilliantly then.

Just wondering whether the Ferodo's would be the better option to go for.

CTR said:

I got Hawk ceramic pads on mine at the moment (came with my Stoptech kit) and although they are awesome once hot they are little hard to live with under normal driving conditions. If was to have to slam on I get a lot of ABS activity. But if I've given them a few good stops and they get up to temp they work brilliantly then.

They need a bit of heat in them to work properly but i had no issues with them on my CTR and none on my Teg yet fella but i've never tried the Hawks so its hard to compare?

HASNIC said:
CTR said:

They need a bit of heat in them to work properly but i had no issues with them on my CTR and none on my Teg yet fella but i've never tried the Hawks so its hard to compare?

I thought they might need some heat but my Hawk pads can sometimes take the p1ss in all honesty. Don't get me wrong, you've got stopping power with them from cold but if you had to slam on straight away then it's just ABS all the way. If you were progressive with the pedal then they're probably fine. But once they're up to temp and coupled with the 4 pot calipers and bigger discs the stopping power is just awesome and endless.

Think I will give the DS2500's a try though now. Only thing I gotta order them from America :? :roll:

Stoptech do say that I can use a Porsche pad with my calipers though. Might be easier than ordering from the States.

Would be alot easier to get the Porsche fitment ferodo or even run the same pads as the GT3 RS as they seem to have mental stoppers :shock:

How come you had Hawk pads with the Stop techs to start with,mine came with 'not suitable for racing' pads in them :roll: .

I now have some Hawk racing pads but have yet to fit to the car. My current brake setup like Hasnic is very good tho 8)

HASNIC said:
Would be alot easier to get the Porsche fitment ferodo or even run the same pads as the GT3 RS as they seem to have mental stoppers :shock:

Can see it now. Strolling into some random Prosche dealership:

'Uh, hi. I'd like some brake pads for my Honda Civic'.

'WTF!! Get out mate before I call security'. :lol: :lol:

Just put the EBC yellow stuff R pads in with new turbo groove discs, need a little heat to get working not had a chance to fully test them yet, will let you know after Sunday.

Friendy said:
Just put the EBC yellow stuff R pads in with new turbo groove discs, need a little heat to get working not had a chance to fully test them yet, will let you know after Sunday.

Is this combo no good for normal road use ?? or stick with red stuff pads ??

Im running DSC2500 with EBC turbo grooves for fast road.

I find them fine from start up, They are awesome once they heat up.

Will try different discs next though

chippyleigh said:
Friendy said:

Is this combo no good for normal road use ?? or stick with red stuff pads ??

As long as you are aware they are on, so far on the road no problems, once hot :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HASNIC said:
Just to let people know, i'm running Ferodo DS2500 pads and Tarox sport japan discs and they seem to be working very very well, alot better than the EBC redstuffs and discs i had on previously :wink:

where did u lot get those pads....

mr prawn said:
HASNIC said:

TGM supplied and fitted mine :)

HASNIC said:
mr prawn said:
HASNIC said:

And TDi North supplied and fitted my pads :lol:

CTR_Paul said:
HASNIC said:
mr prawn said:
HASNIC said:

And TDi North supplied and fitted my pads :lol:

Either or, both top places :lol:

Can't remember off hand mate, was all part of a bigger bill, didn't really look at individual costs :oops:

Back