• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

brake upgrade and ABS

No it won't. I've just ordered the STOPTECH kit myself. If you go to www.stoptech.com theres a Q&A section relating to lots of issues like this. I'm sure I read something along the lines of the pistons in the calipers being precisely matched in size in order to maintain ABS effectiveness. ABS is electronic at the end of the day so theres no way it could just 'disappear'. My kit is currently in transit from the U.S., as soon as its fitted I'll post pics and impressions on how I find it.

CTR said:
No it won't. I've just ordered the STOPTECH kit myself. If you go to www.stoptech.com theres a Q&A section relating to lots of issues like this. I'm sure I read something along the lines of the pistons in the calipers being precisely matched in size in order to maintain ABS effectiveness. ABS is electronic at the end of the day so theres no way it could just 'disappear'. My kit is currently in transit from the U.S., as soon as its fitted I'll post pics and impressions on how I find it.

i know it cant just vanish i just wasnt to sure if the ABS wheels sensor was mounted on the OEM calliper or mounted to another part of the hub

captain scarlet said:
CTR said:

i know it cant just vanish i just wasnt to sure if the ABS wheels sensor was mounted on the OEM calliper or mounted to another part of the hub

IIRC the ABS sensor is mounted on the hub. 8)

Yes ABS wheel sensors are mounted onto the hub to measure difference in slip between wheels to know when to activate ABS

Back