• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bucket Seats, advice needed

Dynax

The Babysitter
Hard to word this question as i dont know what im after :? But

How much for seat rails to fit the EP civic? E.g. for a Recaro seat? And anyone know the best place to get a decent-cheapish bucket? Recaro/Sparco/Bride etc?

Many thanks

None of the makes mentioned will be cheap unless you get them second hand. Even then brands like Recaros are still expensive second hand.

Getting rails for those brands can be £100 - £200.

If you want something similar and looks good but at a good price can i suggest Edenz, heres a link:

http://www.edenz.co.uk/EZ-R4RED.htm

Im thinking of getting a set myself, you can get 2 seats + 2 subframes for less then £650, not bad!

Yeah I have been thinking of the Edenz as they look extremely well made and are the same design as the Recaro's you get in the DC2.

I would really like to see a set in the flesh though first.

£250 per seat doesn't seem to bad, then there subframes are not much either at £55 each, just over £600 for a set

Carl

yeah, that was what I was thinking, I would like to see one in the flesh and to also sit in one to get an idea of what they feel like.

I'll be disappointed if they dont hug your body like the DC2 or DC5 Recaro's.

But I do agree it's a very good price and they look practically the same as the Recaros.

In fact, get the seats, change the stitching to say Recaro and no one will know any different..lol :wink:

wow! I have been looking at buckets also. nice site 8)

I take i can get these for my EK?

Im a n00b when it comes to seats :oops:

CJN said:

Yep, aslong as oyu get the right subframe which is the bit that bolts the seat to the car then you can put another seat in :wink:

HASNIC said:
CJN said:

Yep, aslong as oyu get the right subframe which is the bit that bolts the seat to the car then you can put another seat in :wink:

where can i get the correct sub-frames from, there website? :oops:

EDIT: just found out I can throught there .pdf file :lol:

also, I take it most garages will be able to fit the seats, correct?

CJN said:
HASNIC said:
CJN said:

You and your dad could do it mate, pretty easy, just a case of a few bolts here and there :wink:

HASNIC said:
CJN said:
HASNIC said:
CJN said:

You and your dad could do it mate, pretty easy, just a case of a few bolts here and there :wink:

My dad said he hasn't got a clue about seats for my EK :lol: :lol:

Its not his thing :lol:

It's easy peasy mate, if you can weild a socket set then you can swap the seats over :wink:

I'm sure some of the Essex members wouldn't mind helping you out if needed :D

Was thinking of getting some fixed back seats (such as recaros) and was thinking of getting just one

I know the rails are ~£150, but thats ok. I was willing to pay upto ~£300 for the seat. Just wasnt sure where from.

However, those Edenz things are tempting me now. Rails sound a bargain if they are indeed direct swap.

Has anyone ever seen one in the flesh/sat in them? Im a skinny runt, i dont want to be sliding about in them! :shock: Hence why i was going to go for a fixed bucket.

Any opinions?

Those style seats are good for the road but to be really held in you need a proper fixed seat IMO

Think i might go for the fixed option, as im such a skinny git! :lol:

Just need to decide on what one to get now, and i think i'll try find a second hand recaro/sparco/bride. If anyone knows of one for sale, let me know (or two).

HASNIC said:
It's easy peasy mate, if you can weild a socket set then you can swap the seats over :wink:

I'm sure some of the Essex members wouldn't mind helping you out if needed :D

Hope so :D

Im going to get my security sorted first then look into these seats for the summer 8)

typ3rc1v1c said:
yeah, that was what I was thinking, I would like to see one in the flesh and to also sit in one to get an idea of what they feel like.

I'll be disappointed if they dont hug your body like the DC2 or DC5 Recaro's.

But I do agree it's a very good price and they look practically the same as the Recaros.

In fact, get the seats, change the stitching to say Recaro and no one will know any different..lol :wink:

I see they are in Swansea, maybe we should have a meet over there and see if we can get a GB. I like the red ones if they are anything like the DC2/5 I would be interested

Back