• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Buddy Club uprated front wish bones

CTR

Ain't nothin' but a peanut
They're on www.takakaira.co.jp and the description of them has impressed me enough to wanna get them. I can't imagine them being a commonly bought item though. Anyone out there got a set or know of someone who's had them? Wanna know if they do what they claim before I blow 500 spondoolies.

Think they went on his clients rally car. Need a bit of work to get them to fit but widens the front wheel track slightly and they are lighter than standard EP3 ones...IIRC :roll:

I've just checked on www.takakaira.co.jp and these have been removed from the Buddy Club section, but I was only looking at them a few days ago. Someone please tell me I'm not going mad and that you've seen as well :x :x

I've just spoken to Stevie (unit 8 ) and he didn't even know that Buddy Club did these.

I was gonna buy these very soon to go along with the new coilovers I'm planning shortly.

Does anybody else know where I could get some uprated front wishbones. I've read the other post from Sara in this section about the Mugen ones but I can't seem to source them anywhere on the net.

I would be really grateful of any help on this.

Fire_2 said:
does thr dc5 ones fit?

if so they would be a good upgrade.

That's someting I wouldn't know for definate mate. I'm guessing they would but with a bit of work perhaps? Anybody know?

The annoying thing is that the Buddy Club ones were available for both the DC5 and the EP3. It shoed pics of them both on takakaira and you could clearly see the difference between them.

Fire_2 said:
does thr dc5 ones fit?

if so they would be a good upgrade.

On that note mate, do you know where the DC5 ones can be sourced?

CTR said:
Someone please tell me I'm not going mad and that you've seen as well :x :x
You're not going mad - I have them on my car :wink:

Excellent mod imho - the OEM wishbone has a great sloppy lump of rubber as the front mount, and it's crap. Steering feels much more precise with the BC arms as they remove most of the compliance. The ride and road noise are harsher as a result but it's well worth it imho.

Takakaira list Cusco pillow ball arm bushes with a DC5 fitment: Clicky

This might do the same job but tbh I'd e-mail them to check this before ordering. They're very helpful IME.

HTH?

The DC5 ones will fit but you need to change a few other items as well...The man to ask and get the DC5 parts from is Tom at TGM Sport 01252 811972.....He has a truck load of 2nd hand parts from the DC5s
8)

Sara said:
The DC5 ones will fit but you need to change a few other items as well...The man to ask and get the DC5 parts from is Tom at TGM Sport 01252 811972.....He has a truck load of 2nd hand parts from the DC5s
8)

Cheers Sara. I'm planning some BC coilovers very very soon so this will be next on my list of mods. Wanna get the car handling just right before I start increasing the power. What DC5 items are we talking about here exactly? Knuckles and that kind of thing?

I cant remember exactly what bits...I was asking at the time about fitting the DC5 calipers to mine and he rattled of a list of items that could be fitted as well...give him a ring first thing tomorrow 8)

Sara said:
I cant remember exactly what bits...I was asking at the time about fitting the DC5 calipers to mine and he rattled of a list of items that could be fitted as well...give him a ring first thing tomorrow 8)

OK, will do :wink:

Only problem is now, gotta source the wishbones :x

:lol: :lol: :roll:

I did find some lovely aluminium Eibach lower rear arms last week........very very pretty BUT my car gets them first :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sara said:

I did find some lovely aluminium Eibach lower rear arms last week........very very pretty BUT my car gets them first :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Any idea on how much these are BTW?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Didnt ask...I just told Tom my car NEEDED THEM!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ill find out for you :wink:

CTR said:
Sara said:

Retail is about £172 ish but Tom said he'd do 15% off 8)

Sara said:
CTR said:
Sara said:

Retail is about £172 ish but Tom said he'd do 15% off 8)

Excellent. Thanks for that Sara, I appreciate it. I've now found those Buddy Club Wishbones I was after. They've just suddenly appeared on the Buddy Club US site (www.buddyclub.us). They're in the Racing Spec Series section under the name of Racing Spec Pillow Ball Bush. The section is still under construction but they show pictures of the wishbones for both DC5 and EP3 for anyone who's interested.

Thanks once again for your help 8)

Liam

Do these Eibach arms have poly bushes, or pillow balls, and will they fit a DC5 please? Ta. :)

Back