• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cam retaining bolt

Hi all , right i managed to snap a cam retaining bolt today while changing the rocker cover , so i broke the top off that come through the cam cover , so back off with cover to remove the whole bolt , went to order new one from lings honda and the bolt i require as two part numbers , 5 bolts for 1 code 1 bolt for the other code , same looking bolts these are the 6 that actually come through the rocker cover , its on a ep3 2005 . Thanks for any help .

was also wondering what torque should this bolt be tightned too , i know the top that holds the cover in place dont need alot , not to sure how much for the end that goes through the cam retainers .

Not saying your wrong mate but there are different bolts holding the retainers in place , so are they all the same torque ?

yeah there are 6 of the bolts in question plus about 10 other bolts but these dont have the thread on top to hold the cam cover in place , was wondering if these are all the same torque and if the torque is what stoneyni above says .

yeah there are 6 of the bolts in question plus about 10 other bolts but these dont have the thread on top to hold the cam cover in place , was wondering if these are all the same torque and if the torque is what stoneyni above says .

Yeh they are all the same torque, numbered the order they should be tightened.
CylinderHead_zps9ec9f45a.png

Also my cam retainers got numbers on them and they not checking with the diagram you posted

I've just checked the diagram I posted with a k20a2 block and they are exactly the same

The two extra bolts are on the side of the head

79533a46-e919-48b4-91ea-ddc41cddaf66_zps6b8ad73a.jpg

Also aren't the numbers on the retainers the order they are assembled and the numbers on my diagram the order the bolts should be tightened?

What torque should no 15 be the one with a thread on top , bottom right corner , also cos ive had to change this bolt would i have to undo them all and do them all in sequence or is it ok to just change the required one !

What torque should no 15 be the one with a thread on top , bottom right corner , also cos ive had to change this bolt would i have to undo them all and do them all in sequence or is it ok to just change the required one !

Number 15 is same torque as others (as stated all 8mm bolts the same torque). Not sure about changing the bolt but imo should be ok.

I've snapped the rocker bolt today and have had to order the front centre bolt as shown in the pic.
The numbers shown on the previous picture on page 1 show the tightening sequence required for the bolts.

So a new bolt and cap are about £7.50 and £2.90 from Honda as of todays pricing (12th Nov 2016).
I've ordered mine today and hope to pick it up on Wednesday.

You will need a 12mm deep socket to remove the bolt.
I tried with a 12mm ratchet spanner but didn't want to break it trying to loosen the bolt so will just buy a socket 3/8 or 1/2.

Attachments

• Cam pic.jpg
    Cam pic.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 6
Back