• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

can anybody help v tec problem

i have a ek9 which i have brought from japan i sure the v tec not working but i noticed that there few screws missing from the ecu i now the car was a track car could there have made mods to the ecu ie it got no rev limit now also would this efect the v tec and is there a easy check. aready done the 5.500 rev test
any help would be great or is there any body near bristol that has a ek9 ecu

chers

If it was a track car then it might be likely that you have VTEC killer cam shafts.

v tec problems

i dont think so sould the ecu have honda on it just got few numbers etc i sure it not a uprated one is there any other way i can check the v tec
cheers

i dont think so sould the ecu have honda on it just got few numbers etc i sure it not a uprated one is there any other way i can check the v tec
cheers

AFAIK ECUs generally aren't stamped up with anything. Have you checked your oil etc? Could be possible that the solenoid is knackered. You say track car, but how much was modified?

not sure can you tel me ware the seniod is

I'm not sure where it is, presumably near the cams so must be in the head somewhere. I know on the K20 they can stick but I'm unsure about the B16. Sorry I can't help further...

info needed on the ek9

hi am new to the ek9 but would like to khow is there some kind of english manual for the ek9. also are ek9 parts same as the english ek4 vti etc are the drive shafts brakes the same also anybody now of any good breakers that have spares any info would be great

Back