• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can anyone help please?

Got a couple of problems with my 02 plate EP3 and need some help/advise if poss.

Firstly after getting home yesterday and locking my car the passenger door will not open from outside or inside. The key fob still works the central locking but the lock rod thing on the passenger door doesn't move when activated. Thnking something mat have come lose or broken in the workings of the door but obviously cant get the door card off to have a gander and try sort it. Any suggestions very welcome!!!

Also fitted some LED lights into the footwells and wired into wires as per the instructions received and they work but now the car wont start. As above central locking works and indicators flash as they would normally, red light is constant on the dash thou, think it flashed before?? So I think could have upset the imobiliser or alarm in some way? Again any help greatly appreciated.

Was it one of our footwell LED kits? If so, did you try the number on the instructions? It does sound like you've upset something. Maybe check for any blown fuses or connectors that may have become unplugged.

With regards to the door, there is no magic way of getting it off. So as long as you're sure it's not the mechanism is frozen up (happened to me on the driver's side of my EP3, had to climb in and out of the passenger side until it defrosted) then the only way that door is ever opening again is if you pry the door card away to get to the mechanism. Take all the screws out like your normally would and try not to snap it, but you might have to budget a new door case into the fix...

Cheers Loxy, it was a kit thru ebay I think that they are the ones shown on the forum but further investigation revealed it to be a low charge on the battery that was upsetting the whole works! Charging it now and hope it holds, if not a new battery is gonna be needed.

Back